What's new

Chem Reps

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Try asking some washes in beckley, Princeton or bluefield who they use. You’re far enough away that they shouldn’t mind sharing.

Randy

Reaction score
In 35 plus years of washing cars I've never had a chemical rep on the property. Why do you think you need a chemical rep?

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
In 35 plus years of washing cars I've never had a chemical rep on the property. Why do you think you need a chemical rep?
I'm new to the car wash business. Would like to hear what they say is good and make my own assessment of the products.

mac

Reaction score
If you think gambling in Vegas was risky, try calling on soap salesmen. The majority have no idea how to assess your location and equipment, or how to properly clean, setup, and test the chemicals. I have dealt with hundreds over the years, some in very senior management, and while they sounded good, they never operated a wash. Good luck.

washnshine

Reaction score
How can I get a hold of a chem rep in WV?
Do you know if any washes say 50 miles away or maybe in a neighboring state like VA that puts out good results - clean and shiny cars? Introduce yourself and ask who they use. Like you said, not a bad idea to get started with some help to learn some things and then make your own decisions after you gain some experience.

I know where you are coming from. We all have our first wash. Some of us may have worked in one before we owned one and could learn a lot, but if you have not, it doesn’t just to try to get help from a good source. And again, I would judge the quality of the source by how well one of their washes is cleaning cars. After all, that is their resumé. Maybe there is a forum member close by? Sorry, I’m in NY.

mac

Reaction score
Thought about it some more and came up with, hopefully, is a better way to assist you. Call on several salesmen and tell the you are interested. Ask every one of them for current customers within a reasonable driving distance. Go to those and go through all functions. You are looking for proper ammount of product, shoe, and fragrance. Low pressure functions should come out in a nice even fan spray mixed with proper air. This helps with any scent and makes the chemical linger on the car. Ideally the chemicals should actually do something, like clean. Also as you travel about stop at other washes and do the same test. You will know by seeing when you've found a good one. More importantly your customers will also know this.

chaz

Reaction score
Contact JBS in Ohio. Our Rep is Marco. I always thought I didn’t need a rep to visit until I did. Better washing at less wash cost per car. Amazing difference!

OurTown

Reaction score
Contact JBS in Ohio. Our Rep is Marco. I always thought I didn’t need a rep to visit until I did. Better washing at less wash cost per car. Amazing difference!

Marco is in Florida now. Is he still your rep? Our paperwork still has his name on it and we can call him but he has not been to our wash in about a year.

chaz

Reaction score
Yep...Marco is in FL....actually BACK with JBS...that shows how good a company it must be. I still speak with him.....biggest thing with a rep is the initial set up and familiarity with product. I too am in FL now with a great guy doing my day to day.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I would ask for free samples, say 1 to 2 gallons. When I first got started,ask for samples at ica show.i did a lot of testing and still with the same soap co.28 years later.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you can order some simoniz correct powder and simoniz foam additive and try making a few drums of your own to test. I tried this at the suggestion of other forum members and I use the same blend in my IBA, self-serve and even hand wash buckets our detail shop uses!