What's new

Chem Flex Injector problems and questions

Hoser06

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just switched to trying Chem flex injectors from the general pump stainless steel ones on our LW4000's after reading an older post here and have a couple questions.

We were using the dual .083 SS injectors for both low and high presoaks. When I switched to the blue dual Chem Flex .086 injectors, I had to tip-up in order for the spray to be constant and not sputtering. I'm worried I might be eating more chemical also with the new chem flex injectors at the larger tip size?

Ken pro mentioned in a past post that we should go up one larger orifice size in order for the draw to be similar to the old SS injectors. So I thought I was safe going from Stainless .083 to the .086 Chem flex orifice size. Kleen Rite says they're 4.0 GPM http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-26753-chemflex-chemical-injector-098-orifice-40-gpm-2-barbs-green.aspx

I'm addmitinly quite green when it comes to injector draw rates and orifice sizes. In the past, I just replaced injectors with ones identicle to the ones the previous owner had and just changed tips with the seasons but I'd like to benifit from the longer chemical resistence the Chem flex injectors offer.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks!

Mike

DiamondWash

Reaction score
You should just ordered 0.83 because 0.86 will allow more water through the injector in turn having to go up a tip to compensate for more water ratio.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
The number on the injector is the size of the orifice in the injector. This controls the amount of water that will pass. You should use the same as original.

What I meant in my original post is that we found we had to use one size larger metering orifice. (the coloured orifice)

soapy

Reaction score
Just to clarify a little more: A .083 will flow 2 gallons of water per minute and a .086 is rated at 2.5 gpm. It would take more chemical to get the same dilution ratio through the larger injector.

Hoser06

Reaction score
Just to clarify a little more: A .083 will flow 2 gallons of water per minute and a .086 is rated at 2.5 gpm. It would take more chemical to get the same dilution ratio through the larger injector.
Thanks Soapy.

So while I'm waiting for the smaller .083 replacements to arrive, since more water is allowed to pass through the .086 injector and pump pressure from the starrite is unchanged at 175 psi, will the draw rate also be higher on the chemicals? (2 step presoaks). I'm thinking that the larger orifice size would pull more chemical because of the larger venturi affect.

cheers
-Mike

soapy

Reaction score
If you are using the same size tips in each I would think that the chemical draw would be the same but you are adding it to more volume of water so you would need a bigger tip size to get to your desired level of chemicals.