What's new

Check valve woes

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m catching hell in getting check valves to work for my application. They are 1/4 & are the valves that control the high pressure soap & wax entering the system on my old Futura setup. The ones the previous owner had on there were failing & starting to allow water to push back into my hydro tanks. I’m on my 3rd set. Problem I’m running into is that the soap system creates next to no pressure so the valves have to be very light. Too stiff & I get no push back but I also get no soap. I’m probably needing 1psi or less crack pressure but then be able to deal with very little push back pressure. This are the ones I’m running now & with my super scientific test (me blowing through) I can but it still seems it restricting my soap.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
If the solenoids aren't on a manifold (individual solenoid for each pump soap and wax), just reverse the lines. The solenoid becomes its own check valve. The ones you linked are terrible. I was given some by the customer to build his boom manifolds, and every one of them failed within two months. They used to be rated to 1500 PSI, and without any changes to its design they just de-rated them to 500.

Jsshac

Reaction score
I use kip solenoids plumbed in reverse with no check valves