What's new

Chargebacks again

Damoni88

Reaction score
I just respond on the Worldpay online portal. I usually win when the customer disputes the amount. The other type I get where the customer says the card is counterfeit and they didn't' use it, I lose those 100% of the time. Then there is the one of it's kind dispute I lost where the customer canceled services over 1 month before they even used the card at the wash.
I post my signage and never have any luck and I so sick of it

Bud's

Reaction score
Standard charge back procedure for me has been either block their card from the system or send them a certified letter with a no trespass notice. I keep their names on a list, see them on a report I call the police and press charges on them with the stolen dollar amounts.
When my camera system is updated I will be posting their personal information on social media in local community groups.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Standard charge back procedure for me has been either block their card from the system or send them a certified letter with a no trespass notice. I keep their names on a list, see them on a report I call the police and press charges on them with the stolen dollar amounts.
When my camera system is updated I will be posting their personal information on social media in local community groups.
How do you block their card cryptopay says the can’t do that

Bud's

Reaction score
How do you block their card cryptopay says the can’t do that
I do it at the processor. Currenty using USAepay and IQ login access with cryptopay
It basically adds their card to the lost or stolen card list and my hope is that it screws the so called customer at more places besides mine.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Make your credit card max an odd amount like $ 6.37 . If they need more time they have to swipe the card again.
Every Jan. I up the limit an odd amount like $6.84.
I’ve done this for at least 20 yrs.
Sometimes I get a customer might ask why they have to swipe their card again and I tell them that some customers forget to press the stop button. They understand.
If I was you I would start with an odd price around $6.34 to 7.04.
I think I’m around $12-13.17 now.
This has worked very well for me.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Make your credit card max an odd amount like $ 6.37 . If they need more time they have to swipe the card again.
Sometimes I get a customer might ask why they have to swipe their card again and I tell them that some customers forget to press the stop button. They understand.
Are you doing this with count up?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
It's been said here a thousand times!!! GET THE WORD "STOP" OFF OF THE DIAL!!! Change it to "OFF", or nothing at all. Also, don't make it look like a stop sign. Make it off colored as well, maybe light blue on white, so it will be readable, but not noticeable. The two different STOP functions are confusing and any operator should understand that. The CC equipment companies won't incorporate a STOP toggling function into their equipment, so YOU need to do something to make it less confusing. I like the odd amount as a pre-authorization as well. These two things are stupid simple and there is no excuse for not doing them.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Apologies I read to fast I see you said make cc max

Damoni88

Reaction score
It's been said here a thousand times!!! GET THE WORD "STOP" OFF OF THE DIAL!!! Change it to "OFF", or nothing at all. Also, don't make it look like a stop sign. Make it off colored as well, maybe light blue on white, so it will be readable, but not noticeable. The two different STOP functions are confusing and any operator should understand that. The CC equipment companies won't incorporate a STOP toggling function into their equipment, so YOU need to do something to make it less confusing. I like the odd amount as a pre-authorization as well. These two things are stupid simple and there is no excuse for not doing them.
Ok those two ideas will be implemented today I like them thank you guys

Bud's

Reaction score
I have a stop sign image surrounding the stop button in the faceplate decal design and it is still a constant issue.

I like the idea of replacing the off selection with another function like in bay dryers.

Damoni88

Reaction score
I have a stop sign image surrounding the stop button in the faceplate decal design and it is still a constant issue.

I like the idea of replacing the off selection with another function like in bay dryers.
Should I do like a blue and white saying end bay or welcome

HCCW

Reaction score
Here we go again busy time of year all of a sudden an unreal amount of chargebacks start happening. Can’t we start some kind of law suit against Worldpay? And
No this is not the cost of accepting cc. It’s gotten so insane that I want to yank all my cryptopay swipes and taps out the bays. Has anyone switched to a different company with better results? My signs are very clear and easy to read but customers are so dumb and lazy they think they know what they are doing.
Washgear. I have yet to lose a chargeback (18 years) and they are few and far between. Getting to pick my own processor that is definitely NOT Worldpay (holy crap they suck!) makes a huge difference. I use TSYS and they are a piece of cake. All chargebacks get emailed directly to me, I send back my evidence (license plate pics, pics of them washing, pics of the car, time stamps, etc) and they rule in my favor. Sooo easy.
Number one you have got to get rid of Worldpay. They are one of the worst operations on planet earth.

Damoni88

Reaction score
DONE

HCCW

Reaction score
Man that sucks. I have mine time out at 20 minutes ($17.50 max) and it helps people spend loooots of money in my bays. If they had to reswipe 3 times I think they would just figure they’d washed long enough and hang it up. But I have Washgear so I’m allowed to pick a fantastic processor and it’s been heaven. Zero BS.

HCCW

Reaction score

so I saw someone said to switch the word “Stop” to “off”. Just so you know, ours has said “off” for 24 years and we have lots of people turn it to off and just drive off. Even though we have major signage telling the customer to PRESS THE STOP BUTTON WHEN DONE. People are dumb.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Man that sucks. I have mine time out at 20 minutes ($17.50 max) and it helps people spend loooots of money in my bays. If they had to reswipe 3 times I think they would just figure they’d washed long enough and hang it up. But I have Washgear so I’m allowed to pick a fantastic processor and it’s been heaven. Zero BS.
I have min
so I saw someone said to switch the word “Stop” to “off”. Just so you know, ours has said “off” for 24 years and we have lots of people turn it to off and just drive off. Even though we have major signage telling the customer to PRESS THE STOP BUTTON WHEN DONE. People are dumb.
i made mine to say welcome

HCCW

Reaction score
I've never won a chargeback ever. I see many using gift cards so you can't track them by name. Type in "A Gift For You" on the cryptopay site and it shows you all of them. I figure the people who forget to stop the charges are paying for my chargebacks.
Most chargebacks cost you $30-$60 total counting fees. What is your max?
If you set it up where selecting "STOP" on the switch will end the transaction, all these problems should go away.

True, but then every time someone scrolls past that when flipping the dial, it would kill the wash. My customer would HATE that. Constantly having to reslide their cards to restart it? Not too mention the increase in transaction fees.

Last edited: