What's new

Changing the time on Fragramatic Vac

Etowah

Jerry33

Reaction score
Anyone know of an infrared hand held device that will allow changing the price and time on an older Fragramatic vac. I see lots of them for TVs and stereos for sale in resale shops. I still have the original 75 cent start up price and am raising all my vac prices. Just wondering if one would work and the sequence of numbers to push to reprogram the timer. Sounds kind of crazy after I typed this. Or maybe someone has an old controller for sale? Jerry

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not an infrared device, it's a corded unit. If you happen to be in the central Texas area I could come by and do it for you, but I'm not willing to loan or rent mine out as I can't get a replacement.

Jerry33

Reaction score
It's not an infrared device, it's a corded unit. If you happen to be in the central Texas area I could come by and do it for you, but I'm not willing to loan or rent mine out as I can't get a replacement.
thanks. East Tn. If you don't mind dropping by. ha. Thanks for setting me straight.

MEP001

Reaction score
You could mail me your timer(s), I can plug them into my units, set your price and mail them back. PM if interested.

MEP001

Reaction score
Last time I checked they didn't have any and had no estimate on when they would get more. Also $150 is a lot to spend for something you might use once every ten years or so.

Jerry33

Reaction score
You could mail me your timer(s), I can plug them into my units, set your price and mail them back. PM if interested.
Thanks. Fragramatic will loan me one for $25. appreciate the help. Tony at Fragromatic helped me with the timer hookup with the Cryptopay. I can use my current big display timer in a "count - down" setup. I forgot to ask if I can use one of the Cryptopay readers with a "green button" to add time. Kleen-rite sent me one without that button and that is not a good idea for a carpet cleaning vac since extra time is always needed. Do you know if a "add time" reader will work? thanks, jdf

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, you hook the Cryptopay up to the coin switch inputs. It will work that way with any timer. You can also use the buttonless reader and program Cryptopay for however many coin pulses per swipe. I would probably do it that way and not use the button. It would work on a bay or a plain vacuum because you can set the button to disable when time runs out, but with a multi-time unit the button will remain active for a few minutes after the fragrance time has run out.

mac

Reaction score
I bought one of their timers and think it’s a good deal. You can program a lot of things in it. Nice to be able to change the welcome message once in a while.

OurTown

Reaction score
Are these IDX Big Time type timers? Why didn't they just put Dixmor timers in so you can easily program them without any special equipment? Maybe I'm missing something.

Jerry33

Reaction score
Are these IDX Big Time type timers? Why didn't they just put Dixmor timers in so you can easily program them without any special equipment? Maybe I'm missing something.
Yes, they are the really big timers and provide different times for vac and for shampoo. Obviously rugged since I purchased the vac in 2000 and the timer is still going. I changed the light plug-ins and it looks like new. Got the Cryptopay in and it is working but strangely, it stays active for about 90 seconds after the motors shut off. It is equipped with an X-TRA time feature so you can continue with just 1 our more quarters after the time runs out but that feature only lasts for about 30 seconds.

MEP001

Reaction score
What is staying active? The Cryptopay? You might want to configure it so it only gives credits (coin pulses) for time on a swipe.

OurTown

Reaction score
Got the Cryptopay in and it is working but strangely, it stays active for about 90 seconds after the motors shut off. It is equipped with an X-TRA time feature so you can continue with just 1 our more quarters after the time runs out but that feature only lasts for about 30 seconds.

This is why I don't think Cryptopay can work properly on a multi function type timer. The swiper stays active for how ever you have it configured in the setup. You might try to bump down the seconds per quarter on the configure device setup page.

Jerry33

Reaction score
This is why I don't think Cryptopay can work properly on a multi function type timer. The swiper stays active for how ever you have it configured in the setup. You might try to bump down the seconds per quarter on the configure device setup page.
Thanks, OurTown. I did that at recommendation of Crypto Help but it didn't not make any difference. FragroVac is set for 80 seconds per coin. I initially didn't know and set Crypto to 47 seconds. Then changed to 80 later. Made no difference at the vac. Actually not a problem unless someone is waiting to use the vac and can get set up in the 90 seconds still pending. Would actually like to know why. Tony at F-romatic helped me with the wiring but said he could not help with programming or error checking of the reader.

MEP001

Reaction score
Just disable the button and make each swipe worth so many credits.