What's new

Changing soap. Need advice.

Scott S

Reaction score
I've tried to review old posts for the answer, but still have some questions. I operate a 3 bay SS and am currently using Blendco products (since 2004), but continually have problems with power solidifying in the lines. I've wanted to make a change for awhile, but need some advice. If I go with the kleen-rite ultra concentrates, do I have to mix with 10 gal. of water or can I just use the ultra lean tips? Also, the wash operates on a well, so the water pressure fluctuates between 25 and 40 psi. Would this be more of an issue with the ultra lean tips? I haven't had any issues so far with other tips. I've noticed some have had problems with gelling with some of the KR products, so what do I stay away from, or are there better options? (JBS/Simonize) Thanks in advance.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
If I was you personally since your on well water and soap needs to be titrated frequently & if you have hard water & soils. I would stick with Blendco to fine tune your set up. It's gonna be up to you to be testing and titrations and setup with Kleen rite they are not gonna return a bad barrel of soap for free and give you customer service like your blendco rep on a weekend or whatever if he is good. I would seriously think about it. I have never seen kleen rite soap out clean blendco in my personal experience. About any descent soap will out clean kleen rite in my personal testing 10 years ago. Just saying and yes I am probably gonna Be picked on for a kleen rite soap hater. If all I had was a 3 bay SS I would definitely be selling the best soap & chunking it to them & keeping customers happy instead of mail order soap. Sorry guys I had to say it. Personal experience. Yes, There are soap people then there are parts people. Good luck if you ain't happy with blendco get someone else local give them a try at least once. Tell them you want a cost analysis.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve had problems with all of the KR Ultra Concentrates jelling up, they are made by Simoniz. I don’t see what the big deal is with mixing chemicals, I only them up about every 90 days or so, takes all of about 5 minutes to pour a 5 gallon pail into a 15 gallon container and add 10 gallons of water, wow that was hard. If I had fluctuating water pressure that’s between 25 and 40 psi I wouldn’t use the ultra-lean tips, I’d mix it like it says on the product label, adding 10 gallons of water. I use JBS Fonic wash https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-1115-jbs-fonic-wash-power-concentrate-5-gallon.aspx and I’m pleased with it, it works well and it has a nice scent to it. I mix it with 10 gallons of water. For Wax I use Simoniz Cherry Glo https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-14333-simoniz-cherry-glo-5-gallon.aspx it works well. For Presoak I use KR Super Wash https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-6690-kleen-rite-super-wash-50-pound.aspx it mixes well and stays in solution when mixed properly I believe it's made by National chemical.

Scott S

Reaction score
Randy, it's not an issue of having to mix it, I'm just very limited in the equipment room. Right now I'm able to put buckets under the pump stand. Not so with the 15 gal., and I just don't have room for that many larger containers. If I go that route I'll definitely have to mix and then still pour it back into 5 gal. buckets, and just store the rest of the prepared mix offsite. Thanks for the advice.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Is the powder solidifying in the lines a problem with water quality? I've got blendco on one auto and don't seem to have that problem.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW - I use KR Cherry Blossom for FB, KR low PH for Pre soak, orange something for wax, and Kleen white for Engine / wheels / tire. USe their Winter formula for FB. No Gelling issues with those. Did have Gelling with Purple passion and their HP soap. I use the Ultra lean tips except for the winter formula when needed.

mac

Reaction score
Welcome to Blendco. From my direct experience with them in FL, most of the reps do not know how to set it up and maintain it. I'm sure some do. One of the local reps for them is now mixing /blending the products in his local shop. Just don't know about consistent quality with that. Scott, have you had your well water tested? Not all water is the same. I've used this place before with good results: http://www.ntllabs.com/ Once you have the results you should be able to find a water treatment company to set up a good softener. And avoid Culligan. They will screw you every time.

Scott S

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. Nothing has changed with water quality. I work closely with our local municipality, who also operate wells as part of the city's water system, to check my water periodically. Since this is a small wash, I felt like the problem may be just from a lack of movement in the tubing. That may be a stupid assumption, but that's my guess. It doesn't happen that frequently, but is a big hassle to clean or replace tubing. I'm not going to knock Blendco, I'm just ready for a change.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been very happy mixing my own soap for self serve and foamy brush by combining: Simoniz Correct powder, hot water, and Simoniz foam additive. If you follow the directions on the Correct, you can make 55 gallons at a time and draw off that for the smaller container sizes you need for your equipment room. To make 55 gallons, I add about 1.75 gallons foam additive.

It's awesome soap; foamy and rich and cleans well. I use the same exact mix for my foamy brush, detail shop hand wash soap and in bay automatic presoak, so it's convenient and very cost-effective.

SteveA

Reaction score
Scott S,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your SuperSat system. Assuming no issues with the tank itself, when set up and maintained properly you should not be seeing any build up in the lines. Have you contacted your distributor and arranged for a service call? Without being there it's hard to say what the issue(s) might be. If you PM me your information I'm happy to call you and see how we can help.

Steve Arnovick
National Sales Manager
Blendco Systems

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Now that's customer service. Something you won't have at kleen rite in the soap department. Something to think about and says a lot.