What's new

Changing over to tokens?

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
What is the difference between that wheel and the 11-0016G? It looks like it is specifically for the golden dollar which is the same dimensions as a standard modern US dollar coin.
WHOOOPS!! I left off the "G" I haven't used a 11-0016 wheel in years, I only use the 11-0016G wheel. It's a little thicker than the 11-0016 wheel.

washnvac

Reaction score
Geeez--these token threads kill me. I will put it simple terms. I replenished 40000 tokens this past year at my 5 washes. I use high security from Osbourne. I pay 21 cents per token= $8400. I received $40,000 for selling those tokens. That is a $31,600 profit that supports all repairs on my changers and then some.

I run my business to make money---a lot of money. I provide the means for customers to use my equipment by the sale of tokens. I choose not to be a public service to provide quarters to the general public. That is a ridicuous notion, in my opinion. But you guys that resist, just keep going to the bank to get your quarters......

Last edited:

jack954

Reaction score
i am not one to be afraid to raise prices as my wash is the best around, however, i also don’t think it is smart to raise .50 (25%) twice in 1 year. i also am not questioning whether tokens are a good idea as i believe they are. if i knew last november i was going to switch to $1 tokens i probably would have jumped straight to $2 vac and $3 bay and gave more time. so really what i am looking for is if someone switched to $1 tokens while their prices were at at $1.50 and $2.50. really concerned customers might think i am trying to mislead them to spend extra!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I switched to dollar coins when my price was $1.50. It wasn't a huge deal, but some were irritated at the extra 50¢ if they didn't have quarters. I explained that they would get $2 worth of time with 2 dollar coins. Most were ok, but some wanted me to break one down to quarters. I soon learned that it was easy to convert my dual Hamilton changer to dispense a mix of dollars and quarters. I made the conversion on all of my changers and had them dispense 4 quarters with any bill inserted. After that, everyone was happy. I eventually went to $2 and replaced the 4 quarters with a $1 token, so any bill inserted got a token and the balance in dollar coins.