What's new

Changes to the forum...

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many of you know we've been working on updating the forum design on the latest software. The site won't change much, but it'll look different and there will be some new functions that we hope will be improvements (particularly on mobile devices). We're trying to have it up-and-running in the next few days.

If a few of you would be willing to volunteer to participate in the pre-launch testing of the new site to make sure everything is working properly, please send your email address (jacksonv@autocareforum.com) and let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help - we appreciate everyone's support of the forum, and look forward to making the transition as smooth as possible. :)

sparkey

Reaction score
It would be nice if you could improve the search function. Something that lets you narrow your search down more so you can find stuff you know you saw on the fourm but can't find now. Maybe an option to let you search by: exact phrase, include all words, or exclude words would be a good start. Kind of like the ebay search options.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think the name should be changed back to carwashforum.com. Almost always when I'm telling/asking someone about the forum it is hard to convey the name to them so they remember. This IS a car wash forum. It is NOT a forum to learn how to care for a car. It's not the place to ask when to change my oil, rotate tires, change brake pads, belts, hoses, you catch my drift. Carwashforum flows right off the tongue and is easy for someone to remember.

I know, I know, carwashforum will still work if you type it in, but why the confusion to begin with. Make it simple, like it was.

mac

Reaction score
Here's a little atta boy. I really like the autocorrect function when typing a response. Makes me look smarter, or at least a better speller.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
I think the name should be changed back to carwashforum.com. Almost always when I'm telling/asking someone about the forum it is hard to convey the name to them so they remember. This IS a car wash forum. It is NOT a forum to learn how to care for a car. It's not the place to ask when to change my oil, rotate tires, change brake pads, belts, hoses, you catch my drift. Carwashforum flows right off the tongue and is easy for someone to remember.

I know, I know, carwashforum will still work if you type it in, but why the confusion to begin with. Make it simple, like it was.
I agree! :D

JustClean

Reaction score
It would be nice if you could improve the search function. Something that lets you narrow your search down more so you can find stuff you know you saw on the fourm but can't find now. Maybe an option to let you search by: exact phrase, include all words, or exclude words would be a good start. Kind of like the ebay search options.

In the meantime you could use Google and enter i.e. the following:
site:forum.autocareforum.com "bubble brush" -wobble
Cheers Justclean

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the meantime you could use Google and enter i.e. the following:
site:forum.autocareforum.com "bubble brush" -wobble
Cheers Justclean
The software's built-in search isn't very good, so we are adding a custom page where you'll be able to use Google search within the forum.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I'm still checking on autocorrect function. I want to consider the name change - not for this time, but possibly soon since there will be additional changes coming down the road.