What's new

Change machine with credit card and bill acceptor

Jason Studer

Reaction score
I am looking to add a second bill changer, that will accept bills and credit cards. I only dispense $1 tokens.

My Rowe Bc1400, with a Bc50 transport only accepts bills, and can not be converted to accept Credit cards.

What are people using and what kind of luck are you having?

Thanks to all on this forum, I have been well educated over the years by all the different trends that have been posted.

Jason

Randy

Reaction score
Jason, Do yourself a favor and get rid of the Rowe BC1400 changer. Replace it with either a Hamilton RNS or a DRS, install Mars validators and a USA Technologies G9 credit card reader and you'll be set for a long time.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I just added a Cryptopay swiper to my American Changer Change machine. Just put a relay on the validator payout wires and its been working well. I know want to add another relay that will shut down the swipe when the out of service light goes on. Randy any help here on that one????

Jason Studer

Reaction score
There is no reason to get rid of the Rowe, I want to add a second changer that would also have a credit card acceptor built in.

I would have added Crypto Pay to the Rowe but it is not possible. This is what Crypto Pay, Rowe, and a Rowe service person have told me. If someone knows different please tell me how to do this.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
There might be a way to add credit card acceptance to a Rowe, but it depends on the output you can get from the CC unit. You'd need something that can output a pulse with a swipe that would dump one of the escrow buckets. Payout amounts would be very limited.

Randy

Reaction score
What you could also do is install a Mars conversion kit in the BC1400, the Mars conversion kit uses a 110 volt AE2681 downstack pulse output validator. Then install a USA Technologies G9 card reader and connect the output of the card reader to the dollar payout line on the validator harness. The USA Technologies G9 card reader gives the customer the option of buying $5 - $10 or $20 worth of tokens.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I was originally told the same thing. Your validator sends some type of a pulse to the token machine. So I had Tom at cryptopay go in and change something in the output of the swiper, and I set it at a set price of a $5 swipe. I give 6 tokens for $5. the output goes from cryptopay to the relay, and the relay pulses the machine to dispense the tokens. The vendors want to sell machines, and they really dont want swipers put onto changers, but anything is possible!!!! I wish I knew more about electrical circuits and setting this stuff up, I took some trial and error and figured things out after discussions. Tom at Cryptopay was very helpful.

Jason Studer

Reaction score
Cyptopay was the first one that told me that it would not work on a Rowe. I respect that they want to sell me 8 readers instead of one. I can try them again and see if they have changed there ways about this.

My point is that I could add a complete second change machine for close to the cost of adding 9 reader, and if one changer goes down I'm not out off business until I get notified by the alarm company and drive in to repair.

pgrzes

Reaction score
At my wash, not sure if this is common or not? I do very little CC on the token machine!! I dont mind, it cost me about $350 to add it. I do a boatload of CC business in the bays!! I put new selector doors in in November, coins, bills and credit cards. 7 bays, about a 22k investment. I think they allready paid for themselves!!! Credit Card use is huge, people spend more and will use every function when using cards!!! Bill acceptance is awesome!! My changer use has dropped dramatically. If people dont have to leave a bay to get change they will spend more!! everyne has a $1 in their pocket. Cryptopay cost me money, but at the same time it saves me $$$. No collecting it, no counting it!! I look at my daily deposits and smile!! I am going to setup my timers to have a $5 bill bonus time. Try to minimize ones going into the validators. Clean, convenient and lots of soap = happy customers that will spend!!! My experience!! Take it for what its worth.

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I'd recommend adding credit card acceptance to the bays before trying to vend tokens at the changer with a CC swiper. We get lots of customers who come to us just because we take cards in the bays, and they spend about 20% more than with cash.