What's new

Cellular Controlled Power Strip

newbe

Reaction score
Is there a demand in this industry for a cellular-controlled power strip that doesn't rely on a WiFi network but connects via a cellular network and offers a control portal?

edredtop

Reaction score
Is there a demand in this industry for a cellular-controlled power strip that doesn't rely on a WiFi network but connects via a cellular network and offers a control portal?
Similar function to a Wemo?

edredtop

Reaction score
I know operators that use remote switches to flicker the lighting or turn on red and blue lighting when they have unwanted activity in their bays and they're off site. The problem is you would need the internet to see live images to know when to activate the lights, thus negating the need for cellular control.
Normally, everything pretty much uses an onsite timer or is activated by customer demand.
Others may have ideas. 🤷‍♂️
Best of luck!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I would think most operators that would utilize remote technology already have wifi due to the usage of camera systems and credit card processing. What would the monthly fees be?

newbe

Reaction score
I know operators that use remote switches to flicker the lighting or turn on red and blue lighting when they have unwanted activity in their bays and they're off site. The problem is you would need the internet to see live images to know when to activate the lights, thus negating the need for cellular control.
Normally, everything pretty much uses an onsite timer or is activated by customer demand.
Others may have ideas. 🤷‍♂️
Best of luck!
Thanks @edredto appreciate the feedback!

newbe

Reaction score
I would think most operators that would utilize remote technology already have wifi due to the usage of camera systems and credit card processing. What would the monthly fees be?
Hi Greg, at the moment its $15 per month unlimited controls, not only has a web portal but also can be integrate with any software. I'm open to any thoughts feedback.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps; but Ooma & Wyze seem to be expanding their control devices ... both tend to need broadband but both have smart phone apps growing more versatile it seams all the time.

newbe

Reaction score
What's unique about this product is that it operates independently of a local Wi-Fi network and doesn't require any configuration. Just power it up, and you're ready to start controlling it. Additionally, it allows you to integrate with Stripe as a payment platform. This means you can have someone scan a QR code, which will take them to a payment page. Once the payment is made, you can activate a device for a specified time. So it's like open platform, many of the existing products are closed and won't allow you the flexibility because they want to keep selling the additional add on products. Something to consider.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
What's unique about this product is that it operates independently of a local Wi-Fi network and doesn't require any configuration. Just power it up, and you're ready to start controlling it. Additionally, it allows you to integrate with Stripe as a payment platform. This means you can have someone scan a QR code, which will take them to a payment page. Once the payment is made, you can activate a device for a specified time. So it's like open platform, many of the existing products are closed and won't allow you the flexibility because they want to keep selling the additional add on products. Something to consider.
Newbie & others,

Hopefully, you can provide a link to this "possibly worthwhile $15 service-product" for our industry. PM me if nothing else. I might be interested ... it sounds like part of the movement towards Cellular of Things Devices (SIM card based) ... a wee bit different than just IOT. I had high hopes for an alarm system that was cellular based & the pricing was like many countries outside of the USA that only charge for the actual Cell minutes usage. $15 a month could be within cost range though if it has enough other perks. Unfortunately, the company providing the service discontinued renewing the SIM with the "minutes only charged format". A kind of blindside if you will ... because there is setup of the devices time involved IMHO!

newbe

Reaction score
Newbie & others,

Hopefully, you can provide a link to this "possibly worthwhile $15 service-product" for our industry. PM me if nothing else. I might be interested ... it sounds like part of the movement towards Cellular of Things Devices (SIM card based) ... a wee bit different than just IOT. I had high hopes for an alarm system that was cellular based & the pricing was like many countries outside of the USA that only charge for the actual Cell minutes usage. $15 a month could be within cost range though if it has enough other perks. Unfortunately, the company providing the service discontinued renewing the SIM with the "minutes only charged format". A kind of blindside if you will ... because there is setup of the devices time involved IMHO!
Here is the link to the product but please do not block me for posting it. I'll remove it if anyone requests it. https://www.logmor.com/product/cellular-controlled-smart-outlet-restful-api/

There is no cell minutes/sms to worry about this is all data driven handled by us on the backend. The end user activates the device in the web portal and we take care all the rest. You also access the portal to manage the device or check the status. Any questions please let me know.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Here is the link to the product but please do not block me for posting it. I'll remove it if anyone requests it. https://www.logmor.com/product/cellular-controlled-smart-outlet-restful-api/

There is no cell minutes/sms to worry about this is all data driven handled by us on the backend. The end user activates the device in the web portal and we take care all the rest. You also access the portal to manage the device or check the status. Any questions please let me know.
Newbie,

Thanks for the link.

I setup with 0 devices at this point at your Portal. I was expecting some type of ability to see how a device can be automated from the portal via some type of not too complicated software process or development. I saw no or just "on off" ability at this point.

It makes sense for some of us to scout in advance as a preventative measure before any of us get in too deep or have false expectations on what we can do with the cellular smart controlled outlet!

newbe

Reaction score
Newbie,

Thanks for the link.

I setup with 0 devices at this point at your Portal. I was expecting some type of ability to see how a device can be automated from the portal via some type of not too complicated software process or development. I saw no or just "on off" ability at this point.

It makes sense for some of us to scout in advance as a preventative measure before any of us get in too deep or have false expectations on what we can do with the cellular smart controlled outlet!
Yes, you would need add a device to see all the options. Below is a screenshot that shows the options once a device is added.
The automation comes into place when used with platforms such as IFTTT, zapier, etc. In the portal under the "Cloud API" you can see the documentation. Here is an example of creating a payment solutions for E-Bike charging services https://www.logmor.com/seamless-payment-solutions-for-e-bike-charging-services. Any questions I'm happy to a help. Also, if you are interested I can provide a demo unit to test out.

Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 4.52.04 PM.png

newbe

Reaction score
@mjwalsh please let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts on this. Thank you!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
@mjwalsh please let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts on this. Thank you!
A few years ago I did some prototyping-programming with Arduino which could help open the door for the IFTTT - IOT platform that you are referring to. I am hoping I can find time to get back into that again! I wonder if any of the car wash forum members have played with the Android SDK development which could maybe interact with your device from an IOT-strictly cellular way ... not sure. I would have to see more real life examples ... maybe a few youtube walkthroughs could help.

newbe

Reaction score
A few years ago I did some prototyping-programming with Arduino which could help open the door for the IFTTT - IOT platform that you are referring to. I am hoping I can find time to get back into that again! I wonder if any of the car wash forum members have played with the Android SDK development which could maybe interact with your device from an IOT-strictly cellular way ... not sure. I would have to see more real life examples ... maybe a few youtube walkthroughs could help.
Got it. If it helps in any way I can put something together as far as the IFTTT part goes and how to trigger webhooks to our device.

Mattwash

Reaction score
Have you looked at the Control by Web x-410? Can use it to Monitor pulses and configure the device to send pulses via 24v relay, whether controlling a device or there are a number of sensor add ons.

Sensor Dynamix has something similar but their fees add up quickly if you were to implement these sensors all over your car wash. Reason I’ve been manipulating the x-410