What's new

CC reader on Hamilton changer

CWdummy

Reaction score
I have a double rear load Hamilton changer for a 6 bay. Want to add credit/debit card services. Internet being installed next week. I have looked into setup for swipers in bays with controller in equipment room with internet equipment. Seems very simple.
I am more interested in just adding a card reader to my current change machine. Is this possible?
I am open for suggestions.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Are you planning to dispense tokens from that side?

If you plan to dispense quarters/dollars, I would check to make sure you don't have other hoops to jump through, since it will essentially be an ATM at that point. Also, if you do plan to dispense cash, let me know where it is. If it's close, I will use it to build up points on my card. I'm retired and got nothing better to do. Also, it would be a good place to turn a stolen card into cash before it's shut off.

CWdummy

Reaction score

If you plan to dispense quarters/dollars, I would check to make sure you don't have other hoops to jump through, since it will essentially be an ATM at that point. Also, if you do plan to dispense cash, let me know where it is. If it's close, I will use it to build up points on my card. I'm retired and got nothing better to do. Also, it would be a good place to turn a stolen card into cash before it's shut off.

CWdummy

Reaction score
Interesting information that I had not thought of. No tokens involved, just quarters used. Swiping/tapping in each bay looks to be a more viable option. Thanks

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Spend $350 per bay and add Nayax card readers. They seem to be the simplest to install and I think can work with most timers that have a coin input. Don't even need that internet to make them work. They are already PCI compliant and you will need to be able to process chip cards by 2025 anyway, so make sure you're installing something that won't have to be upgraded in a year. Just do one or two bays at first. I bet they will become your most used bays very quickly.

Thanks,
Lighthouse

CWdummy

Reaction score
Spend $350 per bay and add Nayax card readers. They seem to be the simplest to install and I think can work with most timers that have a coin input. Don't even need that internet to make them work. They are already PCI compliant and you will need to be able to process chip cards by 2025 anyway, so make sure you're installing something that won't have to be upgraded in a year. Just do one or two bays at first. I bet they will become your most used bays very quickly.

Thanks,
Lighthouse

Keno

Reaction score

Thanks,
Lighthouse
I second nayax in the bays, they also work as the timer, so can bypass the bay timer, can work basically with any SS setup and timer