What's new

CC/debt, tokens, loyalty cards or CASH!

kevinmcf

Reaction score
opening an express exterior w/full tunnel (former full service) w/3 SS bays. Is there an easy or best option to control vacs, SS bays, Mat Washers vendors etc. to either tokens, CC cards, or loyalty cards?

MEP001

Reaction score
madstack said:
There are credit card companies that will create washcards for you that work with their acceptors.
I'd like to see more information on this.

madstack

Reaction score
washcard.com does it but so does our local bank. shouldn't be hard to find

bigleo48

Reaction score
" CC/debt, tokens, loyalty cards or CASH!"

All of the above. Make it easy for customers to pay you and reward loyal customers.

It will take some different equipment to do this. Look for a card system that does it all, plus tokens you need to order (need to do a little homework here so your tokens don't accept other local carwashes, laundromats, games rooms, etc).

Big

kevinmcf

Reaction score
I guess what I am saying is the Tunnel is an EE wash with flex, since we only have 3 SS bays and located between 2 city's 20,000 + CPD, 4 lanes, at intersection, w/light, 30MPH, & access exits both streets. I was going with tokens more for vandalism and theft reasons. I think vacs and mat washer will get a lot of use. The actual SS bays I’m not sure how busy (a lot of SS competition- if this were a stand alone SS bay it would fold like a tent in a tornado), but could the SS bays be busy because of the tremendous activity on site. A $4.72 EE wash, a nice oversized 2 bay detail shop & 2 lube bays all new and renovated?. I’ll have the only tunnel capable of producing very nice #’s. The real question is how much to spend on SS bays and how much SS would generate. With CC/debt being a big part of any business (50% at my existing FS wash). Don’t want to leave money because of functionality or not taking advantage of another profit center.
I have this posted at both exterior express and SS because of the nature of question

Last edited:

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I have an EE with 8 SS bays next door. The EE had been a FS wash for over 30 years.
As soon as I turned the FSCW to an EE my volume at the SS DROPPED between 40- 60% any given month.
I do believe that having SS bays can be good but how many is the question.
If you really want to keep the all the bays I would make sure you have CC readers/Bill acceptors, dryers, triple foam, etc. in all the bays.
Vend out tokens at a discount and/or use unlimited wash options.
Otherwise you should consider other options such as Dog Wash bays, Express Detail, maybe even a laundry mat, etc. to draw customers to your site.

kevinmcf

Reaction score
SS drop 40-60%

could you forward and #'s either what you were as compared to where you are now? what were you priced at on EE wash? and do you have average per car in SS bays, I would think the vacuums and shampoers vending etc. probably generate more, do you give free vacs, or do you wipe at the EE wash? I assume your bays are equiped with same CC/triple etc. what CC system are you using? were they expensive? teck support? also are you doing flex or just EE? please PM me
Thanks Kevin

kevinmcf

Reaction score
JJ Mustang

Pleasure talking to you today. If not for previous 12:30 appointment could have spent another hour, a lot of useful information. Hope I was at least a small part helpfull in return
Thanks Kevin

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I hope I was helpful. It's quite a project taking a closed down FSCW and converting it to an EE.
I think when operators get together either in person, blog or phone it can only be positive. You definitely gave me some ideas about express detailing
options.

Etowah