What's new

Caught on Camera. Why it’s good to have quality cameras.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
So apparently Sherwin Williams motto, “Cover the Earth” is taken literally by their P.O.S. employees. 😂 This is going to be fun come Monday when I show up with pictures and video. Guy trashed a brand new hogs hair brush, splatters the H.P. Gun and hose assembly, walls and Mega Vendor and as you see, left paint all over the asphalt. Just another day in the self service wash business. What would any of you say to the store manager for restitution for equipment damage and time to cleanup?

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
I hope you've got it cleaned up. The longer you let dry the harder it is to clean up. My last paint incident I got it cleaned up shortly after the jerk left so I was able to get 99% of it up. Self-serve customers are just BASTARDS! sometimes.

MEP001

Reaction score
I had something similar happen except with concrete. I asked for a $200 fee for cleanup, guy told me to pound sand, I told him fine, I'll be there tomorrow morning with the cops and video so they can charge the employee and fine him $400 (and issue a criminal trespass notice for him which includes running his ID for warrants).

soonermajic

Reaction score
I had something similar happen except with concrete. I asked for a $200 fee for cleanup, guy told me to pound sand, I told him fine, I'll be there tomorrow morning with the cops and video so they can charge the employee and fine him $400 (and issue a criminal trespass notice for him which includes running his ID for warrants).
And what happened....

traveler17

Reaction score
So apparently Sherwin Williams motto, “Cover the Earth” is taken literally by their P.O.S. employees. 😂 This is going to be fun come Monday when I show up with pictures and video. Guy trashed a brand new hogs hair brush, splatters the H.P. Gun and hose assembly, walls and Mega Vendor and as you see, left paint all over the asphalt. Just another day in the self service wash business. What would any of you say to the store manager for restitution for equipment damage and time to cleanup?
That makes me angry seeing that pic. People are such dumbasses. Good luck and Keep us posted.

Twodose

Reaction score
I wouldn’t deal with the store manager or anyone personally, I would report it to your insurance and let them get in contact with Sherwin Williams and tell them your filing a claim, an adjuster from SW should get back to you, get somone you know that is in business to give you a price for the clean up then tack about $1000.00 on to that.

Do you have the license plate # on the truck?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I wouldn’t deal with the store manager or anyone personally, I would report it to your insurance and let them get in contact with Sherwin Williams and tell them your filing a claim, an adjuster from SW should get back to you, get somone you know that is in business to give you a price for the clean up then tack about $1000.00 on to that.

Do you have the license plate # on the truck?
Going to the insurance company too quick ... especially with a high deductible ... could sad to say ... possibly make your future quotes from all insurance companies significantly higher.

Twodose

Reaction score
It would be there insurance co paying, not yours. I'm saying to avoid dealing with those people personally because they will never want to pay no matter what you ask, get your insurance co. to get in contact with their insurance co. to get the process started.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
It would be there insurance co paying, not yours. I'm saying to avoid dealing with those people personally because they will never want to pay no matter what you ask, get your insurance co. to get in contact with their insurance co. to get the process started.
it actually would be your insurance paying, then they would subrogate Sherwin Williams insurance. Unless you’re afraid of confronting them, I would keep your insurance out of it or it will go against your loss history. Actually you could have your insurance agent call and fish around to try to find out who their insurance is. If he’s successful, you bypass your insurance and just call theirs directly and ask to file a claim against one of their insureds.

STXCW

Reaction score
Bet you could get just about anything out of them within reason if threatened with sending the video to the local news outlet

washnvac

Reaction score
Your thread title is correct---that camera is fantastic. What make/model are you using?

Twodose

Reaction score
it actually would be your insurance paying, then they would subrogate Sherwin Williams insurance. Unless you’re afraid of confronting them, I would keep your insurance out of it or it will go against your loss history.
That is only true if you file a claim with your insurance co. The reason I asked if he got a License #.
I have done this so I didn't have to deal with the people who did the damage personally, keeps them out of the loop. If you have a license # call the cops, get the owner, make and model of the vehicle, call your insurance co and tell them the situation, give them the information and they will contact the insurance co. of the vehicle who did the damage, then their adjuster will contact you.
If you go directly to someone and try to get any form of payment from them they will want to pay pennies on the dollar, if they know the police are involved they will have a different attitude, and so will the insurance co.

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
AZcarwashman do you have an update on your situation or are going to keep us all hanging?

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
AZcarwashman do you have an update on your situation or are going to keep us all hanging?
Unfortunately, I have yet to go there. Been going through a full car wash remodel from hell over the last number of months and that got pushed down on the list. I’m hoping to get there next week.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Update. I got a hold of a route supervisor who immediately came to the wash to see the damage and photos. He was very apologetic and said he would talk to the district manager and get back with me. Next day I received an email offering to pay for damages caused by the careless driver. 24FA32E2-12D2-4373-98C4-0CE85CC2B22F.jpeg Nice to have a company take responsibility and make it right. Attached is the email response.

water guy

Reaction score
That's Horrible I would hammer them to wall.Not only is it just damn disrespect. But one helluva Environmental Violation!! If the right people see it.