What's new

Cat Pump vibration and lack of pressure

Reaction score
Hello, please see this video showing pump vibration and lack of pressure on a cat pump. Its an intermittent problem. Im thinking the Check Calve under hot water tank which feeds the pumps stays half closed sometimes? Or perhaps the valve inside the pump has trash in it? Few days ago I put a nozzle on this bay wand which was abit smaller hole that usual. That increased psi by maybe 50 so I let it be. But now I put the old nozzle back on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Twodose

Reaction score
Check your hp, lp seals, your oil looks a little milky, could be water in the crankcase, bad seals can cause that, and also wouldn't allow you to adjust your pressure higher, check the valves also.
If the pump is allowed to run after the low-pressure seals and high-pressure seals have become worn, water may eventually travel back along the plunger rod and past the oil seal. Water is a contaminant to the crankcase oil and can cause damage to the drive-end components. < this is from catpumps.com

Randy

Reaction score
Now all you have to do is figure out where that piece of white plastic came from.

Reaction score
Now all you have to do is figure out where that piece of white plastic came from.
Im hoping city water? As long as its not part of the ceramic cylinder. These are low pressure valves on the intake, so unlikely being part of the cylinders.

MEP001

Reaction score
Make sure there is a screen in the bottom of the tank for each outlet. If that was a piece of the ceramic plunger, the pump would not be running smooth now.