What's new

Cat Motor overload

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
We have mk vii 300 and the main pump overload is tripping. It does not trip when under carriage is running but does when output is shifted to gantry. The pump and motor turn easily by hand. Could the regulator cause this overload? Checked load with amp meter and it is balanced between phases.

Thanks,

Ted

MEP001

Reaction score
Is the load exceeding the breaker rating? If it's not, there's probably a weak connection in the wiring.

Is there a pressure gauge? There's no way to tell if the regulator is causing the issue without knowing whether the regulator is malfunctioning - the pressure will tell you that.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Ted, when on UC you are probably not generating as much pressure as on the gantry. I have a GT-500 and two 700s. The pressure has a tendency to increase on them and will eventually start to trip the overloads. What I THINK is happening is that the stack of washers on the unloader is building up rust and causing more tension within the stack, in turn, inadvertently increasing the pressure.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Thanks guys-- I think you are right.---My son will tear down the unloader this morning.

Ted