What's new

cat 623 problem

mfbanks223

Reaction score
i just put new crankcase seals in my 623 because of a oil leak. put everything back together with new orings and today the rinse cycle works fine but when i turn my hp soap on the pressure drops 1/2 and same on HP wax any suggestions

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
It sounds like you have an air leak on the tubing that feeds the pump soap and wax.

MEP001

Reaction score
If it's leaking any water on rinse, you may have cut one of the cylinder o-rings when you were putting it back together. It's easy to do.

If the loss of pressure takes a few seconds between switching from rinse to soap, it's more likely a leak allowing air. If it's sudden it might be a restriction such as a stuck check valve or a hot water valve not open all the way. Gate valves have a tendency to strip and not open fully.

washnvac

Reaction score
I suggest checking your inlet line. If your inlet hose is old, the hot water will soften it enough that it may be sucking itself inward; whereas the cold sort of re-hardens it. This will cause that water starvation. The 623 sucks a lot of water. I use 3/4 feed line on all my 623s---this seems to make them run a lot smoother.

mfbanks223

Reaction score
i got it the ball valve at the hydrominder was not opening all the way, replaced it and works fine. once again thanks guys