What's new

Cat 530 machine gun

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
I'm having a rapid fire pulsating on my cat 530 pump. Pressure gets up to 800 lbs but no more. I checked the seals and valves. I swapped out a head from another 530 pump that would not pulsates. But when I changed it out it did the same rapid fire pulsating. Anyone have and idea what is caus

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
I'm kinda new to carwashes. I will check. But would the pump even turn if it threw a rod? It runs quiet when running.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
First step when troubleshooting a pulsating pump is to check for air leaks in the liquid supply lines.

Old push-to-connect fittings…cracked soap & wax tubing…poorly wrapped pipe threads, etc.
I can't tell you how many times I've corrected an air leak by rewrapping an "over-taped" fitting.
Three tight wraps of teflon tape is plenty...any more will wad up behind the threads and prevent the fitting from sealing.

Scotty

Reaction score
Could your fluid supply line be partially blocked? Pinched or collapsed hose on the suction side? These pumps can make a hellacious sound when starved and it might explain the low pressure issue.

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
Could your fluid supply line be partially blocked? Pinched or collapsed hose on the suction side? These pumps can make a hellacious sound when starved and it might explain the low pressure issue.
I checked all along the supply, it has good water supply, no pinch lines

Scotty

Reaction score
i had a plunger retaining bolt back out a while ago. It made a machine gun sound but it also caused a significant water leak. Worth a check if you’re still stumped.