What's new

Cat 3535 pulsing from 500 to 1000 psi.

APW

Reaction score
Overhead boom pipe broke. Got it fixed and then found out that the cat pump was pulsating so bad it was shaking the whole building. What can cause this with a 3535? I don't think its starved for water the tank on top is full and the screen in bottom of tank is clean.

madscientist

Reaction score
It is either drawing in air or there is something stuck in one of the check valves.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Having the exact same problem. Mine chatters on the HP functions, but mainly just the first 7/8 seconds. Any advice? It's like a dam machine gun!

MEP001

Reaction score
Pulsation that goes away usually indicates air backing up into the pump.

Etowah

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
in my experience the big Retainer Plastic valve baskets crack and get worn out I replace them with the a valve kit, its expensive though. The valves already come put together in the kit don't buy the basket separate been there done that, and the valve springs wear over time. Had to do my cat 3535 about 3 months ago. Make sure you get two kits for the inlet and outlet valves its 6 all together Top & Bottom on pump head. part#PU34235 from keen rite cost me $524.88

Before i done this I would inspect them nothing is cheap on a cat 3535
1. incoming water like you guys said is good.
2. check/inspect all valves get a huge wrench from Napa just for this for leverage.
3.I would maybe point to seals but sounds like your pressure is goo 1000psi ?
maybe someone else will chime in.
4. Check valve also like everyone else said what kind of automatic do you have?

soonermajic

Reaction score
LaserWash 4000. I don't know at what psi it's chattering, it's just when it first goes to.hp (after the Pre-Soak passes).

MEP001

Reaction score
MEP, how do I solve that?
As mentioned, it's either a bad valve or valve o-rings, or debris in one or more valves.

Yes, you can replace the plastic cage on the valve and for a LOT less than the whole thing, although I can tell you I've serviced many of these pumps and I've never seen them go bad. I have seen the spring itself break, so it's a good idea to have spare valves. It's just a huge waste of money to replace them.

APW

Reaction score
Thanks guys, found the problem. It was a leaky solenoid valve and a unused injector that was sucking air back through the injector. Took the unused solenoid off and put a plug in its place and it went back to working normal!

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Glad you found the problem bad Danfoss valves and injectors I think are the number one problem with the 4000"s seems like they always go bad I try to check mine once a month. Bc you could be applying wax & soap all on the same pass or wax on all rinse cycles kinda crappy just the way they are.

APW

Reaction score
The valves are dema 463ps. Do you rebuild them or replace them?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
To be honest I run the Danfoss brass body EVS16 valves and they last 6 months top or less and the body is ate up due to the strong chemicals I run. I see you are talking about the 463 stainless ones I might would rebuild but if it's a $10 difference I would just replace. How long due you get out of the 463 stainless ones? I have run armorall, blue corral, ZEP and now Quest soaps and only get 4-6 months out of them before they go bad.

APW

Reaction score
I've had my IBA open for a year and never changed them. I bought the M5 used so I don't know how long the previous owner got out of the valves.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
M5 is a nice machine all stainless everything & modern programming. have a good one buddy

gearhead

Reaction score
I have the Dema's on my M5's. I rebuild them. Easier and faster than replacing the complete assembly. Haven't replaced a valve (or coil) in 6 years. They work just fine.

APW

Reaction score
Gearhead where do you get the rebuild kits? I don't see them on kleenrites website.

MEP001

Reaction score
Call Kleen Rite - they can get them. They just don't list every single available part on their site.

gearhead

Reaction score
This is the kit that goes in mine. https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-18663-dema-solenoid-valve-repair-kit-61-78-for-model-443p.aspx
kleenrite lists this as a repair kit for a 443. Mine are not 443's. Mine don't have any numbers stamped on it but it looks exactly like a 463 but with a different coil. Mine has a DIN connecter and the newer ones have spade terminals.
I called kleenrite today to check and this is what they wanted to sell me. https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-23797-repair-kit-for-o442-o464ps.aspx
I do not believe this is correct. It costs more than a complete valve assembly.
If this is what you have: https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-3613-dema-463p-24v-38-mini-diaphragm-valve-stainless-steel.aspx
I'm pretty sure the kits in the first link will work. If you can, take one apart for a visual. Wont break the bank if incorrect.
Should mention to get the Viton diaphragm. Lasts a little longer,

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
My LW4000 is still chattering like crazy, but only on the hp rinse (for about 5 secs).
How do I start troubleshooting, & what to look for...?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
My LW4000 is still chattering like crazy, but only on the hp rinse (for about 5 secs).
How do I start troubleshooting, & what to look for...

Soonermajic have you checked the valves like we suggested to you. What do you have a cat 3535 or a general 1541 what have you done so far? You checked Danfoss valves? Pump unloader? Tell me some more info.
I did a swap from a general double head 1541 to a cat 3535 and had to go with a bigger supply from tank to pump like 2inch hose because my pump chattered a lot starving for water. Are your hoses old and collapsed. I will be happy to help just need more information.

Have you checked the wall mount big check valve like 3/4 or 1"inch I beleive mounted on the wall in equipt room. This would be my last thing to check.