What's new

Cat 310 pulsating

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve been told that if you’ve got a washed out Cat Pump head in need repair send it to this guy www.dynajet.com Costs around $100 - $125 or so to have all 9 bores sleeved. I’ve got one that I might send to him.

sprocket

Reaction score
These people do an excellent job, I have probably sent 25 heads to them and they have done a great job. I don't know if they do it automaticly but I always tell them to do the valve seats if bad or not. I have never had a problem with any of them.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
IMO the best way to check if your pulsating issue is caused by air sucking through a leak is to hook pressurized water to the pump. Most that I've worked on have rinse supplied at city pressure through a solenoid, so if switching to rinse doesn't solve pulsating, it's not a supply issue.
Mep,

I wonder at what point too much city water pressure could actually create a problem for Cat 310 seals or whatever. It seems like car washes have significant differences of city water psi. On ours ... just before our small gravity tanks the city water pressure usually shows about 55 PSI on the gauge.

mike

MEP001

Reaction score
I wonder at what point too much city water pressure could actually create a problem for Cat 310 seals or whatever.
The pumps have a maximum inlet pressure. It would only affect the low pressure seals.

Randy

Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly I believe the max inlet water pressure of a Cat 310 pump is 60 psi.

Randy

Reaction score

Randy

Reaction score
Just as I thought the price of the Cat 310B wash out resistant pump is a little on the expensive side $695. If you want just the wash out resistant head it’s only $513.88. Those prices are from Kleen-Rite.

Last edited:

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Is that $695 retail? The Cat prices I have seen over the years are usually some rediculous price plucked out of thin air that can be hugely discounted so it will look like you are getting a "special" deal. I remember years ago my distributor said he could give me 52% off retail. If he could make money at that price, I wonder what they are selling pumps to the discount house for? I can't imagine how ripped off I would feel if I had paid retail for one.

MEP001

Reaction score
I.B. Washincars said:
If he could make money at that price, I wonder what they are selling pumps to the discount house for?
"Discount house" suppliers are usually authorizes Cat distributors (I know for a fact Kleen-Rite is one) so they're getting pumps and parts at the same price as your distributor who offered them to you at 52% off retail. When I worked for an authorized distributor, we got 62% off list for Cat pumps.

Etowah

John Mahoney

Reaction score
I have the same problem I wil check as mentioned wat oil do the cat 310 pumps take, and how much I have only 1000 psi on 1 pump and 800 psi on another pump, I replaced the up regulator pressure valves that is the highest pressure I can get

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I have the same problem I wil check as mentioned wat oil do the cat 310 pumps take, and how much I have only 1000 psi on 1 pump and 800 psi on another pump, I replaced the up regulator pressure valves that is the highest pressure I can get
Everything you need to know has been covered in this thread.

RockyMountain

Reaction score
If the o-ring was broken, most likely there will be a matching groove in the head. Stick your finger in there and feel for a rough area or a groove. When you feel it you will be able to look in there and see it.

There is a "sticky" thread in the "General" section, about 310 manifolds. Everything is described there, including pictures. Read it all. I can't believe that as long as you have been around here that you haven't seen it.

Greywolf, I have not had the gun issue. I'm just going off what I've been told.
What is a "sticky" thread? I can't find the posts with the pictures/descriptions of the 310 manifolds.
Thanks,
Brian