What's new

Cat 310 Pressure Loss

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
1. Replace the spray tip. When the trigger gun is closed, pressure increases due to the weep port inside the gun…it’s usually smaller than the spray tip. (Always replace the tip first on low pressure situations)

2. Check the weep system check valve for that bay. If the cv is leaking it will send high pressure into the weep system and reduce pressure to the bay. This usually shows up as soap in the rinse tank or water flowing from wands in idle bays.

3. Check the SFR check valve for the bay. This usually shows up as water flowing from wands in idle bays, too.

4. Disconnect the high pressure hose from the pressure regulator and run the pump with a hose/gun/wand/tip assembly connected directly to the regulator. If pressure returns to normal, the problem is downstream plumbing…keep looking. If it’s still low…

5. Inspect water supply to the pump…check for clogged filter, collapsed hose, stuck check valve (if equipped), partially closed isolation valve.

6. Pinch regulator by-pass hose with a pair of pliers while the trigger gun is open. If pressure comes up, replace the regulator.

7. Replace the pump seals

MEP001

Reaction score
cantbreak80 said:
3. Check the SFR check valve for the bay. This usually shows up as water flowing from wands in idle bays, too.
Actually a bad spot-free check valve will show up as pressure on the spot-free gauge when the high-pressure pump is running, blow the tubing or find its way back into the storage tank. It wouldn't come out in the bays unless all the solenoids were stuck open too.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Well after screwing around for several evenings after work with the bay in question, I replaced the pump head with a known good pump head and that solved the issue. I guess the high pressure seals did get ruined when the bay froze up...I am going to keep an eye on it to make sure that I don't have issues compounding.