What's new

Cat 310 Plumbing

wrightwash

Reaction score
I’m working on switching my 430s over to 310s. This is the first one I’ve plumbed up, do you see any issues in dumping the unloader back into the manifold?
F675CAB7-B72F-45B7-B81A-1C6A7014FA94.png

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I have a 5 bay system with cat 310s. My unloaders dump back into the supply lines.
1 of my 5 pumps are 21 years old and have never been rebuilt or replaced. The other 4 have failed seals and or valves replaced once or more, due to starving supply water for various reasons such as failed solenoids etc.
My point is these have been really reliable for me.
I will take a pic of how mine are piped and post it for you.
I run the bays at 1150-1200 psi.

wrightwash

Reaction score
I have a 5 bay system with cat 310s. My unloaders dump back into the supply lines.
1 of my 5 pumps are 21 years old and have never been rebuilt or replaced. The other 4 have failed seals and or valves replaced once or more, due to starving supply water for various reasons such as failed solenoids etc.
My point is these have been really reliable for me.
I will take a pic of how mine are piped and post it for you.
I run the bays at 1150-1200 psi.
Thank you!

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
I would advise against having the regulator fully on the opposite side of the inlet and/or outlet. Every time the trigger is pulled or released, the flow has to change direction in the pump, and it can cause a very brief cavitation which can destroy the manifold. It doesn't always cause a problem, things like water temperature and water quality can make it a real problem. I've known operators who were replacing manifolds every two years.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I forgot to add that I thought my pumps etc. were 21 years old. Time seems to fly by the older you get. It seems I have had them in place since 1997. So they are 25 years old. Somehow, I have been able to keep them going. with just some seal and valve replacements over the years. I guess I am just lucky.
One pump has never been touched, knock on wood!

wrightwash

Reaction score
I would advise against having the regulator fully on the opposite side of the inlet and/or outlet. Every time the trigger is pulled or released, the flow has to change direction in the pump, and it can cause a very brief cavitation which can destroy the manifold. It doesn't always cause a problem, things like water temperature and water quality can make it a real problem. I've known operators who were replacing manifolds every two years.
Thank you! After you posted that I remembered reading a post sometime back that recommended not using the manifold as a pass through. In my scenario could I just add a tee to the left inlet on the pump and move the return from the unloader to the tee?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
...could I just add a tee to the left inlet on the pump and move the return from the unloader to the tee?
That would be better.

Here's a 30something that's still going strong.
Regulator.JPG

And, a recent remodel installation utilizing the same plumbing configuration.
IMG_1294.jpg