What's new

Cash Invetory systems and keys~

Etowah

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems obvious, but making your cash inventory system as fool-proof as possible and sticking to it is a way to save money.

If you have any employees at all, whether family, friends, folks you've know forever who would 'never steal' it still pays to count the loose change (and bills, tokens, tokennotes) regularly.

I am also re-vamping my security protocol for certain keys to better insure 'honesty'.:D

MEP001

Reaction score
I know where you're coming from. We had an attendant who I suspected was doing things she shouldn't have been. When I checked video, I saw that the petty cash she was taking to "rinse bays" wasn't getting used. She was just paying herself an extra $50 a week. Firing her and doing everything myself sure saved a lot of money.

MEP001

Reaction score
Actually quite a bit more.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I hate to say it but you should assume employees are stealing from you in some form or another. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and limit their opportunities as much as possible.

I once called on a c-store that had full camera surveillance installed. When he saw an employee tapping the till or stealing merchandise he would call the cops, press charges and had pictures posted on the back wall of employees being led out of the store in handcuffs. You would think that would be a deterrent but he told me he had just had a female employee arrested the day before for taking money from the drawer.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
When I had my check cashing store, with $50K on the table most days, I worked Sundays myself and would think up ways to rip myself off. I would then write more software, or change procedures to catch it early.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I lost a friend i had working for me, as i caught him stealing, But really a friend wouldn't steal, so I relabeled him a thief.
Here's a reality check story, A guy with a bar in town suspects an employee is stealing, has a person check on the employee, and finds everything OK , but another long time employee they find not ringing up some drinks. He takes her into the office and tells her that he has proof and is going to call the police if she doesn't come up with the money. She breaks down and admits to it and says she will turn over her new car, and her lake home. Of course he wasn't expecting that.