What's new

Cash Counting Machines

Good Moody

Reaction score
Good day everyone, curious if any of you can recommend a good quality ez to use and smooth operating machine.
I appreciate it!

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you just need it to count bills (plain bill counter), do you need it to give you a cash value (mixed denomination counter), or do you need it to sort? These are three separate options.

Roz

Reaction score
The old style Cummins JetScan machines are better than any of the new ones you see. Sometimes you can find one on Ebay. Keep the rollers clean and the machines are a workhorse. The new ones with image and counterfeit scanning often have many false positives when the bills are fine - most are cheaply made in China or Korea.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

soapy

Reaction score
I like to use the Cummins Jet scan dual pocket. It will count and sort as well as face and orient the bills. Run the %1s first then you have all the 5,10, and $20s together. Much faster in the long run than just getting a single pocket machine.

Good Moody

Reaction score
The old style Cummins JetScan machines are better than any of the new ones you see. Sometimes you can find one on Ebay. Keep the rollers clean and the machines are a workhorse. The new ones with image and counterfeit scanning often have many false positives when the bills are fine - most are cheaply made in China or Korea.
Yes, majority are cheaply made unfortunately.

Good Moody

Reaction score

Rudy

Reaction score
I bought a Cassida 5520 10 years ago for less than $150. It's still running great. It's strictly a counter....no bill discrimination. It also counts Hamilton Tokenotes.

Best money I ever spent next to buying a used SanCoin 303.

Both have saved me hours and hours.....

edredtop

Reaction score
Good day everyone, curious if any of you can recommend a good quality ez to use and smooth operating machine.
I appreciate it!
I would strongly recommend one that differentiates between the bill denominations.
They can cost a few bucks more but it's well worth the money.
Your primary denomination is a $1 bill.
If the primary denomination was a $20 and the occasional $1 bill slips in, it's in your favor if the error isn't caught.
But the reality is the inverse and if you miss a $5, $10, or $20 it can cost you way more than the difference between the two machines over a short time especially if you occasionally swap your $1 stacks for larger bills with a retailer.
With the newer bill changer systems this will be less likely by doing a simple audit but it definitely makes life easier.
Here's one for less than $200 bucks.

Keno

Reaction score
When a $100 machine breaks after several years you just replace it. Cheaper than any repair on any machine.
Am I reading correct that you have a machine that separates bills for $100?

MEP001

Reaction score
It counts by denomination but doesn't sort.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Am I reading correct that you have a machine that separates bills for $100?
No, the $100 machine only counts the number of bills in the stack. You need to separate denominations

Keno

Reaction score
Ok, was just making sure I didn't over pay. I have a 2 pocket discriminator

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
It really depends on how much cash you're counting and how you value your time. I like the cummins twin pocket I have because I can face, sort, count and strap 3K of currency in probably 20 minutes. My bill deposits are so accurate the bank doesn't even check them anymore if they've been strapped. It was really useful when I had multiple washes doing 100% cash and I would deposit 5K in small bills at a time. With cash sales diminishing I'm not sure I'd buy another one if this one exploded in a fiery crash. Some weeks I deposit less than 1K total.

Reactions: sjb