What's new

Cash acceptance in bays?

Randy

Reaction score
Does your Hopper have the Hopper Extension? Money controls has a Hopper extension available that increases to capacity of the Hopper.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW about 6 years ago i took over a failed 8 bay and tunnel.

Among the various issues were that it had 2 Hamilton Changers only one of which was working and that only took $1.00 Bills.

It was my only foray inot the SS business but I figured the changers were critical and among the first order of business was to get them both working to take $1.00 to $20.00.

I was not in a position to let an employee have keys to the changer. I soon realized that even though it was not a high volume location If one changer jammed the other one could get drained pretty quickly crippling the revenue stream. I also could not always run over there at a moments notice. The simplest solution was to add a third changer. You may want to consider adding another.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
Earl I have a 7-bay car wash with 2 dual changers in front and 1 changer in back by the vendors for a total of 5 changers at that location. Kind of an overkill but when business was booming they were busy.
3 locations have a dual in front and a single changer in the vending island. My last one has one on the machinery room wall and one on the vendor island. All with Mars $1. to $20. acceptors. They are all token changers. In this climate that's a bit of an overkill but wouldn't have it any other way!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
They make an extension for those hoppers. I may have a couple of them laying around. If you want them you can have them for the price of shipping or drive to Springfield and pick them up.

slash007

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that they don't have any kind of extension on them. I will take a picture and post it. Here is a picture of the sticker on it. How much capacity does the attachment add?

slash007

Reaction score
I don't know how much they add. I took them off without ever using them. I dispense $1 tokens out of those changers so I don't need the capacity.
If there is anyway that you could post a picture of them, it would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure that they would fit in my changers as one hopper is mounted on the door and the other is on the base of the cabinet. Thanks.

Randy

Reaction score

slash007

Reaction score