What's new

carwashconsignment.com BEWARE!

Blanco

Reaction score
Ive never had an issue with them. Bought and sold plenty of items. Amy is the best!

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
I sold an entire ss 4 bay system, all equipment, water filtration, reverse osmosis, reclamation, trifoam wax, acceptors, vendors, changer...

They sent me the buyers 5 digit purchase price with not so much as a signature or even proof of who I am.

They also had me paying $600 a day too rent a forklift to load this stuff.

I expended $2,400 for the forklift, and another $800 to purchase packaging materials to ship it all...

They failed to follow through with shipping and I ultimately had to arrange for it myself at the last minute. So here I sit out of $3,000 and now Amy Mabie isn't answering my calls... She's out of the office. So by all means do as you please however I'm not the only one with whom they've failed to deliver as promised. And I'm down $3,200 and a whole weeks worth of waiting for them to get shipping figured out.

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
They sent a pickup truck and a 20 ft trailer to move all the equipment for 4 bays and 2 automatics...

She told the transporters it weighed 4,000lbs... And would all fit on a 20 foot trailer

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
Id like to see anybody fit all that on 2 20 foot trailers... Not gonna happen.

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
Three times in the past year we inquired about different items and it always took relentless emails and phone calls to get anywhere. Outside of this forum I have heard from two sellers that they are little shady. They have an awesome concept if they would just run it right.
I'm going to do just that... I know car washes and I am honest and found there's a great need... Keep an eye out... Thinking the name may be 2nd time to shine, commercial car wash equipment resellers

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
New lady, Amy, runs it very well. But some sellers / buyers are horrible to deal with.
I was fortunate the buyer was very kind and I tried everything I could to help Amy understand it would take a semi to haul all this stuff... She refused to listen.... She was nice but didn't have a clue

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
I bought two laserwash 360’s off the site. Seller paid the commission and totally legit. I negotiated with the seller but kept the Consignment company in the loop. All was good although the buyer and seller needs to be honest and legit with company. It’s probably a tough business model to police since shady sellers want to weasel out of paying commission
I had no problem with paying them. I did however have a problem with it costing me $600 a day for four days while they attempted to have this industrial equipment shipped like household goods...

4 drivers backed out over 3 days. And I got left holding the bag... So to speak

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
I’ve dealt with them a few times and always found them to be honest people. No one puts a gun to your head and makes you buy anything from them.rather than bitch, could you list a specific reason for your displeasure? That might help everyone.
Please see my comments...

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
Do not know who runs the site now, but the original person who started it is a jerk. Real piece of work. I used to have an aftermarket parts business in Texas and dealt with this person. He was always 90 to 120 days to pay his bills. I sold that business and he opened a similar one selling parts. I bought one from him and I was on COD. He then sent an ad to my customer offering to sell him the part for less than what he quoted me. He is one of the reasons that my current business is successful. I just have to be better that him, which isn't very hard to do.
They won't even answer my calls now

Blanco

Reaction score
Amie is clueless... Nice but clueless about carwash equipment
Amy is a nice person and does not need to be a car wash technician to do her job. She also is not in control if a shipping company decides to cancel a shipment. She's always been honest, helpful, and responded to texts/calls even after hours. Sounds like you should be more mad at the forklift company for charging you $600 a day. Thats a rip off. Good luck on your new business venture!

Roz

Reaction score
Juggling the expectations of a buyer and seller can be challenging. We paid $80/day for a forklift or $400 for a solid week.

When we sold two complete wash systems at different times we gave Amy and the buyer the dates of the solid week when we had the folklift and we only had a deal when the money was in hand as buyers can be flaky or change their mind a lot.

We have learned that the trucking industry can be fickle too as there are different levels of service you can purchase depending on your willingness to pay. Even WW uses the lower cost version that allows the trucking company to delay delivery of the new machine for up to two weeks (holding the machine at their transfer station) until they have a full truck heading to your destination. Every industry is trying to become more efficient and cost conscious. That in turn makes for some minor pain points especially when you are trying to nail down other people in the installation process. In the long term all works out but not without a little stress.

Other point to note about trucking is that an open top flat truck costs less than a closed box truck (as you would expect). Don’t just look at the cost out of pocket ask about the type of truck being employed depending on the items being shipped.

edredtop

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a $3k transaction, so far Amy is communicative, and responsive (slow, but responsive).
They've got my dough, let's see if I get the goods.
I'll update when received with a final report card.
Fingers crossed...

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I sold 2 IBA's and a few paystations. First one they sent a small Sprinter van for a touches IBA. They got it right on the second attempt and the subsequent sales were pretty seamless.

Can't complain. They connected me with buyers and get the machines sold