What's new

carwashconsignment.com BEWARE!

Officer

Reaction score
I have to share my most recent experience with carwashconsignment.com. I listed an item for sale and Hannah/Allen contacted me with an offer of $1000.00. I rejected the offer and told them my desired price for the item. Soon thereafter, the buyer contacted me and we discussed certain features of the item. I agreed to eventually sell it to him for $1200.00. The buyer then called me and said something was up. He proceeds to tell me he offered $1600.00 to Carwash consignment only for me to agree to $1200.00, which was significantly less than what he offered. Apparently, Carwash consignment failed to disclose the buyers actual offer of $1,600.00. That’s a $600.00 discrepancy. I’m not sure if they were going to pocket that or what. I emailed them and still haven’t heard back. I was able to compare emails where they said they had an offer for $1000.00 and the buyer’s actual email where he offered $1600.00. I refuse to use Carwash consignment ever again. Sellers/buyers beware.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had at least half a dozen people tell me the same thing that I've experienced myself, calls and emails through the site go unanswered.

Carwash Consignment

Reaction score
Dear Valued Buyers/Sellers,

Carwash Consignment is in the business of assisting buyers and sellers with purchasing/selling good quality used car wash equipment. We also assist with marketing the used equipment and will arrange freight if needed. We have full disclosure with our listing terms on our website which you must read and agree to in order to list equipment. We do not charge to list equipment we do add 20% commission to the sellers asking price. We do not work for free.

Carwash Consignment

Jerry

Reaction score
If you guys only charge 20% which seems reasonable, can you explain the discrepancy from $1600 to $1000 from the original poster?

Officer

Reaction score

Carwash Consignment is in the business of assisting buyers and sellers with purchasing/selling good quality used car wash equipment. We also assist with marketing the used equipment and will arrange freight if needed. We have full disclosure with our listing terms on our website which you must read and agree to in order to list equipment. We do not charge to list equipment we do add 20% commission to the sellers asking price. We do not work for free.

Carwash Consignment
Allen, as stated when we spoke on the phone, the issue is your intentional lack of disclosure of actually offers being made. In this case, someone offered you all $1600.00 for the item but you all only told me $1000.00. That leads one to think that the undisclosed $600.00 would land right in your pocket. An apology, humble acceptance of the problem in question, and implementing a method to avoid this in the future would go a lot further than trying to advertise your business. Nobody expects you to work for free. You still haven't sent me the email thread from the buyer like you said you would. To support the merit of my post, you should know I have the email from the buyer and an email from you. The buyer offers you all $1600 and you tell me the offer is only $1000.

All the best,
-B

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I won't pass any judgement in this particular case, but I have heard numerous complaints about your company's lack of communication. My own experience backs up what I have heard. A few years back, I e-mailed about an item that was listed. I got a response about a month later that the item had been sold. Months later, the item was still listed. Seriously, you guys need to get your act together and take care of business.

OurTown

Reaction score
Three times in the past year we inquired about different items and it always took relentless emails and phone calls to get anywhere. Outside of this forum I have heard from two sellers that they are little shady. They have an awesome concept if they would just run it right.

wash4me

Reaction score
I bought a Hamilton Goldline pay station which I paid for. The seller became unresponsive and carwash consignment sent me a full refund. I sold a cat 3545 pump through car wash consignment and the email to me said “an offer that will net you x amount.” I do agree that They need some type of an email system that tells the person communicating whether they are waiting for the seller, buyer or whether carwash consignment has not passed along the message.

mac

Reaction score
Do not know who runs the site now, but the original person who started it is a jerk. Real piece of work. I used to have an aftermarket parts business in Texas and dealt with this person. He was always 90 to 120 days to pay his bills. I sold that business and he opened a similar one selling parts. I bought one from him and I was on COD. He then sent an ad to my customer offering to sell him the part for less than what he quoted me. He is one of the reasons that my current business is successful. I just have to be better that him, which isn't very hard to do.

sparkey

Reaction score
I used to look at carwash consignment site everyday. I have tried to purchase items from the site many times but could never get an answer to my emails or I would get a reply a month later. Then if I had follow up questions I would never get an answer back. I never go to that site any more and can't understand why anyone would try to sell items on that site. Put items on Ebay. At least you can communicate with your buyer and actually get it sold.

wash4me

Reaction score
Feel a little defensive for them because it is difficult to get people to do what they say they’re going to do as far as the buyers or the sellers plus arranging shipping communication and on and on. Think of how much equipment would just be scrap and they actually end up selling it at a reasonable price and people get a lot of good out of it. Without sites like that we are held over a barrel by sometimes unfair distributors and manufacturers.

Jerry

Reaction score
Unless you’re their friend, not sure why you need to defend them. They jumped right in this thread to defend themselves but haven’t been back since when legit questions about their business practices arise. Their lack of response here mimics their customers real world experiences. There’s a small company that puts buyers and sellers together and it’s quite simple and efficient, called eBay which I’ve used often for selling car wash parts. Not sure why they have to be so shady about it.

Dixievixen89

Reaction score

Carwash Consignment
This is a joke... Most unprofessional company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with in my entire life.

mac

Reaction score
I’ve dealt with them a few times and always found them to be honest people. No one puts a gun to your head and makes you buy anything from them.rather than bitch, could you list a specific reason for your displeasure? That might help everyone.

Zal

Reaction score
I bought two laserwash 360’s off the site. Seller paid the commission and totally legit. I negotiated with the seller but kept the Consignment company in the loop. All was good although the buyer and seller needs to be honest and legit with company. It’s probably a tough business model to police since shady sellers want to weasel out of paying commission

Roz

Reaction score
We have sold two big ticket items and one small ticket item with them - all three transactions were a very smooth process. Amy is great to work with, she even handled the shipping details for two buyers from us.