What's new

Carwash sales pitch

Etowah

jeffpohl4

Reaction score
Back in September I started what I called "Monday Madness" and advertised $1.00 off any wash package every Monday until the end of the year. Mondays are typically my slowest days so I was hoping to pick it up a little...It made no change at all to my surprise. Has anyone tried something like this and what if anything worked for you? In the end i suppose they would've washed at some point during the week so maybe I would have just shorted myself a dollar anyhow.

jeffpohl4

Reaction score
Jeff,
2 newspapers and my Facebook page, Facebook hands down has been my best advertiser. After opening last February I spent the first 4 months introducing myself to every customer that came, shaking their hands, giving away $1.00 off coupons and asking how they heard of my wash ... Overwhelmingly the response was "Facebook". I would love to hear more ideas on how to better advertise and promote my wash. Are billboards a good idea or a waste of money? I drive quite a bit and I dont pay much attention to them but maybe most people do?

BBE

Reaction score
Jeff,
2 newspapers and my Facebook page, Facebook hands down has been my best advertiser. After opening last February I spent the first 4 months introducing myself to every customer that came, shaking their hands, giving away $1.00 off coupons and asking how they heard of my wash ... Overwhelmingly the response was "Facebook". I would love to hear more ideas on how to better advertise and promote my wash. Are billboards a good idea or a waste of money? I drive quite a bit and I dont pay much attention to them but maybe most people do?
I've gotten by far the best results with facebook as well. My money is much better spent with facebook advertising than local newspapers.

washnvac

Reaction score
In today's deal, deal, deal world, I think a buck is not sufficient to get any response. A dollar would not motivate me to do anything; unless it was $1 off every gallon of gas on a fill up. People are used to 20, 30, even 50% off. That is what motivates a purchase across many industries.

Randy

Reaction score
We have a $3 off special on the top wash on Monday and Tuesday’s and we have a $3 off code that they can use on their next wash that’s on the back of the receipt for all the wash packages.

BBE

Reaction score
We have a $3 off special on the top wash on Monday and Tuesday’s and we have a $3 off code that they can use on their next wash that’s on the back of the receipt for all the wash packages.
Randy, do you have IBA's or a tunnel that you do this with?

MEP001

Reaction score
The best thing we did was access the property tax records (which are public here) and mail every house within five miles a Tokenote for a free basic wash. We got back about 70% of them.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we offer our $12 pkg for $8 every tuesday.

it works.

offering $1 off isnt enough of a discount to incentivize the customer to wash that day.

you gotta go deeper w/the discount and they'll respond.

my philosophy is to NOT advertise my discount. rather advertise full priced services. think about it; you're going to advertise giving a big discount? not a good business decision imo