What's new

CarWash Consignment

soonermajic

Reaction score
Anyone ever tried to buy something, then it "sold" RIGHT before you tried to buy it?
Just happened to me. Been looking @ an item for a week, finally ready to buy, & it sold just minutes before I could buy it. It was for sale for 8 mos.

Man I was disappointed

STXCW

Reaction score
Yes, not sure if maybe it is that they don't update site and when you show interest they tell you its sold.

OurTown

Reaction score
That happened to me a few times but they were newly listed so maybe that doesn't count.

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm still not sure about that place.

pgrzes

Reaction score
What ya lookin for? I will have a whole facility in a few months.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
A common practice in the real estate industry is to leave "for sale" advertising up until the deal is actually closed. Which might be months of time after it is first locked up in contract.

1. A lot of deals fall apart in escrow, so it is good practice to do this.
2. If the RE agency gets a call, the response is: "this one is sold, but we do have others!" "What are you looking for?"

wyatt

Reaction score
I've used them a couple times...

One good experience and one bad.

Good: Just what I wanted no issues (Bill changer).
Bad: Was told it had a WashCard reader in it (Wash Select II), received the item and it had the generic unitec reader in it. I don't believe I was allowed to return it.

They don't ever actually see the product so it's hard to know the true condition.

sparkey

Reaction score
I don't like how half of everything on the site says sold. If its sold take it off the site so I don't have to look through pages and pages of junk to find one they still have.

I did contact them a couple months ago about a piece of equipment. They responded very fast and I was able to go look at it. It wasn't what I wanted, but their service was way better than it used to be.

MEP001

Reaction score
I did contact them a couple months ago about a piece of equipment. They responded very fast and I was able to go look at it. It wasn't what I wanted, but their service was way better than it used to be.
That's interesting. Maybe they've read the complaints here. It used to be that you'd never get a reply, and one person said they took more money for an item than the seller had it listed for.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Bought a couple Coleman Combo Vacs from them years ago - no issues.

slash007

Reaction score
That's interesting. Maybe they've read the complaints here. It used to be that you'd never get a reply, and one person said they took more money for an item than the seller had it listed for.
The way they work is that they ask what you want for an item then mark it up. I think it's 20%.

mac

Reaction score
If it’s the same guy running it, Kevin Busomething, he’s a jerk.

mac

Reaction score
Well thankfully the jerk Kevin is gone.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
I bought a gantry for my D&S 5000 last year and a couple IVS vacs this year and all went very well. trying to sell my Super 5000 on there without a lot of luck but that is likely the nature of that beast. I found them good to work with and no complaints. What may have happened is someone sold what they had listed directly and didn't inform them. Recently they asked if my D&S SUper 5000 was still available after they had an inquiry, so I susuped when you inquired, they checked and it was sold so they updated the listing at that time.

kevinmcf

Reaction score
I've been beat by them 2 times never again! Buying sight unseen big risk! They take no responsibility for anyone selling BS equipment your on your own! I figured buying from one car wash guy to another was fairly safe!
Bought a Uni-Mac "IN GOOD WORKING ORDER" $2,500 + cost $500 to ship when I got it one trans was frozen, the entire fram was shot as the extractor was held up by a 4X4.

Etowah