What's new

Cars not getting clean

washman2016

Reaction score
I have a PDQ 360+ about 6 years old. About 6 months ago I started having problems with it not getting cars clean, leaving dirt on the body and windows. Dirt that will just wipe off with your finger. In the past we would adjust the akaline a bit and it would clear up the problem. For the last 3 months we have been trying different chemicals and different applications and nothing is working. I even tried a different chemical company. I am running low PH at about 15 and Hi PH about 33. Attached is a picture of a car that was washed two times. Any ideas on what I can try?

20220908_151934.jpg

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What about impingement and pressure? Maybe it's time for new nozzles…

washman2016

Reaction score
New tips where installed about 3 years ago. Not sure how offton they should be replaced.

Pressure is good on low (220psi) and high (1000psi). Soap is covering the car very good, like to cut it down after I figure this out.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
New tips where installed about 3 years ago. Not sure how offton they should be replaced.

Pressure is good on low (220psi) and high (1000psi). Soap is covering the car very good, like to cut it down after I figure this out.
it almost looks like a chemical residue is on the car. Maybe you could slow down your rinse or add another rinse pass.

Randy

Reaction score
When was the last time you replaced an injector? You need to replace the tips every year.

washman2016

Reaction score
I am at a 5 min wash on my top package now. I am dwelling 5 and 10. The car in the picture was washed with Low PH, High PH, HP rinse, HP rinse with Clear Coat then spot free. What gets me is when it drys and you wipe with your finger its brown just like dirt.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
? Water softener resin your loosing. Catch your rinse water. Let it settle see how clear.

washnshine

Reaction score
I have a PDQ 360+ about 6 years old. About 6 months ago I started having problems with it not getting cars clean, leaving dirt on the body and windows. Dirt that will just wipe off with your finger. In the past we would adjust the akaline a bit and it would clear up the problem. For the last 3 months we have been trying different chemicals and different applications and nothing is working. I even tried a different chemical company. I am running low PH at about 15 and Hi PH about 33. Attached is a picture of a car that was washed two times. Any ideas on what I can try?

View attachment 6952
Your pic is showing windshield masking on the rear window. You can see where the wiper cleaned the glass and the wash did not. Is the paint any cleaner or about the same as the glass?

HeyVern

Reaction score
If wax or clear coat were applied over the dirt, it would take three or four washes to get the wax off in order to get the dirt off.

washman2016

Reaction score
The dirt is on the paint as well. Hard to see due to the car being white. This car was hand wiped clean 3 or 4 weeks ago after seeing the problem. It has been washed 6 to 8 time after that all with out wax, just clear coat for drying.

water guy

Reaction score
Your resin bed could be fouled out with an oil residual. I had an operator that was constantly oiling his circulation pump and eventually ended up inside the mineral tank had to change the mineral tank and resin .

washman2016

Reaction score
Your resin bed could be fouled out with an oil residual. I had an operator that was constantly oiling his circulation pump and eventually ended up inside the mineral tank had to change the mineral tank and resin .
Wouldn't I be getting hard water if that was the case?

SuperShine

Reaction score
I am at a 5 min wash on my top package now. I am dwelling 5 and 10. The car in the picture was washed with Low PH, High PH, HP rinse, HP rinse with Clear Coat then spot free. What gets me is when it drys and you wipe with your finger its brown just like dirt.
That’s not much dwell time.
Confirmed you’re putting out hot water for the presoaks?
How new are your injectors?
You might be needing more low ph then high ph depending on your seasonal conditions as well.

ACW2018

Reaction score

View attachment 6952

View attachment 6952
What speed are you applying your HiPh? And have you always had those same dwell times? Your titrations seem good. You’re obviously pulling product. I’d change your nozzles on your arch. I’m never afraid to throw a fresh metering tip in the blue hydro flex injector…it could have some build up. Throw your HiPh dwell time to 30 seconds. See if those things do anything. It’s frustrating. You’ll figure it out.