What's new

carpet shampoo

MudMoney

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on concentrate carpet shampoo to use in Fragramatics combo. Prefer not to use one gallon units due to high shipping costs.

OurTown

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on concentrate carpet shampoo to use in Fragramatics combo. Prefer not to use one gallon units due to high shipping costs.

Do you have a shipping club membership with Car Wash Superstore? They sell a one gallon concentrate that we use (for summer) and we mix 5:1 for carpet and 3.5:1 for spot. It is their brand but I believe it is made by National Automotive Chemical.

Keno

Reaction score
We use odoban carpet shampoo concentrate from Home Depot @ 8oz per gallon of water. Looks good and works good. We’ve seen an uptick in usage after switching to this, I think due to the better show

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Nothing special about the fragramatics products that I can find. I've used all kinds of consumer stuff with no perceivable difference in cleaning ability. Odoban carpet shampoo as mentioned above, Zep carpet shampoo, and the consumer carpet cleaner product called folex as a spot remover. Currently using Meguiars all purpose cleaner at a ratio of 10:1 as a spot remover, and am trying Meguiar's glass cleaner 10:1 as a shampoo, mainly for the blueberry smell. Some products if neutral pH could allow an algae buildup/slime in the tank

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I think there may be a difference in formulation for Shampoo made for car wash vending machines where the Shampoo stays in the reservoir for a long period of time in a wide range of Temperatures versus the stuff made for immediate use. I have heard of operators who used the normal stuff have it develop a dad odor after a long period and also issues with clogging due to bacteria growth and some corrosion of parts over time.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think there may be a difference in formulation for Shampoo made for car wash vending machines where the Shampoo stays in the reservoir for a long period of time in a wide range of Temperatures versus the stuff made for immediate use. I have heard of operators who used the normal stuff have it develop a dad odor after a long period and also issues with clogging due to bacteria growth and some corrosion of parts over time.
I think bacterial growth can occur in an environment between about 4-9 on a pH scale. Some surfactants are anti-bacterial/anti fungal and can retard growth of slime. I haven't had any odor issues but have had a little slime build up in a tank before. I really haven't seen many problems other than that but if I die of Legionella somebody tell my wife to sue the shampoo company.

Last edited: