What's new

Carolina Pride Triple Foam

Sharpshine

Reaction score
I have a Carolina Pride Triple foam system and the siemens PLC seems to have lost its programming. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Waiting to hear back from NCS on a replacement but I’m not holding my breath. Is there someone that can reprogram my PLC? Thanks for any advice.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Siemens Logo?
They are quite robust and reliable.

Have you tried cycling power?
P1 is hot.
P2 is neutral.
I'd disconnect P2 for 10-15 seconds.

Sharpshine

Reaction score
Siemens Logo?
They are quite robust and reliable.

Have you tried cycling power?
P1 is hot.
P2 is neutral.
I'd disconnect P2 for 10-15 seconds.
Yes, it is a Logo. I have killed power by the breaker a couple times and it says no program found when it comes back on. I will try disconnecting P2 if you think it is worth a shot.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Post a photo of the LOGO with it's model number.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
LOGO! 0BA6 products were discontinued on September 30, 2021.
That rectangular cover on the top right is where the programming cable connects. Unfortunately, it's also where the vender would have installed a back-up program memory card. Carolina Pride chose not to do that.

The LOGO can be manually programmed via the 4 curser buttons but it's quite a task.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
That rectangular cover on the top right is where the programming cable connects. Unfortunately, it's also where the vender would have installed a back-up program memory card. Carolina Pride chose not to do that.

The LOGO can be manually programmed via the 4 curser buttons but it's quite a task.
I find it amazing that manufacturers put in a PLC just to sequence tripple foam solenoids...Proprietary I guess along with expensive repairs....I found a cheap alternative controller on ebay a few years ago maybe $20, a programmable stop light sequencer that would run on 24vac. I have it on the shelf JIC....My tri foam is a Dultmeier...It has a small black box installed that sequences the three solenoids, probably another proprietary part, but would be easy to source from them and wire in...I tried finding a PN on their website but didn't turn up anything...Maybe Carolina Pride would be so nice to email you the program so you can reload it if you chose to keep what you have?

Interesting enough and typical, I just looked at my Dultmeier owners manual for TF. They show the little black box in a schematic but offer no reference to a P/N!

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
Maybe Carolina Pride would be so nice to email you the program so you can reload it if you chose to keep what you have?
If they were still in business....

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth.
All the lost talent and knowledge
NCS did the same with HPWS...pretty much abandoned the SS operators.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I got a Carolina pride triple foam system I removed all the Siemens controls out and have a ginsan GS-30 controller works flawless for years

Keno

Reaction score
I find it amazing that manufacturers put in a PLC just to sequence tripple foam solenoids...Proprietary I guess along with expensive repairs....I found a cheap alternative controller on ebay a few years ago maybe $20, a programmable stop light sequencer that would run on 24vac. I have it on the shelf JIC....My tri foam is a Dultmeier...It has a small black box installed that sequences the three solenoids, probably another proprietary part, but would be easy to source from them and wire in...I tried finding a PN on their website but didn't turn up anything...Maybe Carolina Pride would be so nice to email you the program so you can reload it if you chose to keep what you have?
I looked into the traffic sequence cards after reading an earlier post. All I seem to find now are 85vac and higher, would require relays to work with the low 24vac controls

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
The one I bought was 120v....I'd have to look again to make sure the Dultmeier is 120v? Using relays wouldn't be a big deal...But they sell 24v ones too...See link below.

Traffic Light Controller

Keno

Reaction score
The one I bought was 120v....I'd have to look again to make sure the Dultmeier is 120v? Using relays wouldn't be a big deal...But they sell 24v ones too...See link below.

Traffic Light Controller
Nice, may pick one up as a back up also. Cheap insurance. Triple foam gets used a lot at our locations.

In a pinch, an arduino could be setup to do this pretty easily with some relays also

Sharpshine

Reaction score

UPDATE—cantbreak80 programmed a new idec smart relay to my specifications and my triple foam is working better than ever. I can’t thank him enough and also thanks to everyone that had suggestions on this topic.

Keno

Reaction score
UPDATE—cantbreak80 programmed a new idec smart relay to my specifications and my triple foam is working better than ever. I can’t thank him enough and also thanks to everyone that had suggestions on this topic.
What is the difference between a smart relay and plc? Entry level plc and smart relay seem to be similar cost

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Siemens LOGO! and IDEC Smartrelay offer small form-factor base modules that provide 8 inputs and 4 relay outputs. Expansion modules can add additional I/O.

Models offered include 24V AC/DC.

The 24V AC/DC units make them ideal for self-service car wash controls since they can be powered from your control transformer(s) eliminating the need for DC power supply or interface relays.

IDEC FL1F SmartRelay Datasheet

LOGO! Logic Module - SIMATIC controller - Siemens Global Website

IMG_2092.jpg

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
CB80 do you have a preference between Siemens and Idec? Price, features, software, etc? I need to do a realtively simple task with a floyd bell speaker of taking some 24AC inputs and converting them to a combination of four 24VDC outputs to generate the deifferent voice audio messages.