What's new

carolina pride immersion heater

Eric H

Reaction score
The Immersion heater in the presoak tank on my Carolina Pride pump stand seems to have died. I may have left the heater on when I was replacing the circ pump. :mad: Does anyone know a good source for this heater? All I know about it is that it is a screw in type and 220V. I looked on Mcmaster-Carr and it looks like that are around $400+. For that price I might just take the heater out of the hot water rinse tank and put it in the presoak tank. Or is there another way to keep the presoak heated?
BTW: for those who are not familiar with this set-up, the presoak is on a open loop that also functions as the though heater.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve gotten a few Immersion type heaters from Grainger over the years. Some come with a built in Thermostat.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Search ebay. Immersion heaters can be had for cheap on there if you are patient and willing to substitute brands.

BTW, I bought a wash with carolina pride system and installed an IDX MX10 relay in the system. The presoak pump now only run when the timed output of one bay is on. I figured it saved me a few hundred dollars per year in electricity.