What's new

car wash vault broken into

ANDYS

Reaction score
i had my carwash locks picked and money taken out only i
knew the combination some one picked the lock is that possible or did the locksmith take the money :(

i know i should have camaras in each bay

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Did you have a locksmith in lately. Obviously you have combination locks. Not enough information. Three can keep a secret if two are dead.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
When you question did the locksmith take it, the story sounds like he was just there. There are locks that are easy to pick or watch youtube for lockbumping.
Tell us more about what was picked.. I will add that in our state of ND my daughter needs a license to cut hair, but a locksmith doesn't. We need more info to help, but there are plenty of pickproof locks--Medeco-ASSA-

JonKush

Reaction score
When you question did the locksmith take it, the story sounds like he was just there. There are locks that are easy to pick or watch youtube for lockbumping.
Tell us more about what was picked.. I will add that in our state of ND my daughter needs a license to cut hair, but a locksmith doesn't. We need more info to help, but there are plenty of pickproof locks--Medeco-ASSA-
I am a man that wears many hats as most of us on this forum do. 1 hat is that of a locksmith. Medeco which I do use around the car wash for the vacuums and such is a great lock no question about it. They use to offer something like $10,000 if you can pick any of there locks. Well I saw one picked right in front of me. We thought it was a fluke and gave this guy 2 others to pick and he did them as well. These were padlocks. I was shocked. ASSA is a great lock. They have a really nice strong sidebar inside the cylinder. Never saw one picked.....ever. Thats what I use on my house.

Now if he is saying these are combonation locks and someone picked them they sound like the old Master combo locks like what we used for our High School Lockers. On the back there is a small key to open the lock. Those are pretty generic keys. You can probably find them on ebay and they are very easy to pick.

Just my 2 cents. I hope they didn't get much.

ANDYS

Reaction score
combonation locks

Thanks for the reply more info

Yes i did have all the combonation locks changed by a lock smith 6 months ago . they empty the vault and put the lock on again no damage at all
only damage they took all the money :(:(:(:(:mad:

MEP001

Reaction score
Are they padlocks or dial safes? Most dial safes are very easy to set a new combination yourself.

Is the locksmith bonded?

ANDYS

Reaction score
They are dial saves. i will need a key to do combination my self and yes he was bonded :(

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Sounds like Star safe heads. I can drill them to gain entry, but I know of no way to open them without the combo without some sort of sign of a break-in.

Are you sure you adequately clear them when you put them back on?

MEP001

Reaction score
Ra-Lock can get you the key. There are two types, the older one fits into a half-circle hole in the back; the newer ones have a square hole.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply more info

Yes i did have all the combonation locks changed by a lock smith 6 months ago . they empty the vault and put the lock on again no damage at all
only damage they took all the money :(:(:(:(:mad:
Are you sure they opened the vault or is that your conclusion because they were empty.

There are plkenty of stories out there where employees or someone else had keys to the meter boxes and blocked the drop tubes to get the quarters.

Put some painted quarters in the vaults and see if they are there later.

Etowah
Etowah