What's new

Car Wash Timing Issue

Taylor22

Reaction score
The past few months we have been having issues with our Carwash timing in our tunnel. The first half of the tunnel is always set correct but our second half of our tunnel is constantly having a timing issue. I can program the timing correctly in the RTC programming and leave for the day by the time I come back the next morning its off again but the same numbers are still programmed from the day before. We have replaced the ACE-84 Hydrapulse switch. I have spoke to RTC/ICS/CWS and have had no luck finding a solution. If anyone has my ideas or have ever had this issue any advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
A remote pulse is never as accurate as one on the sprocket. You can have oil by passing the remote motor or the drive motor, and this may happen only under load or all the time. This will throw off the pulse. You could use a "Phantom car" by tripping your enter switch manually and see how timing is as opposed to when a car is on the conveyor and see if that makes a difference. As Oil heats up during the day this could affect the issue as well.

DPX22

Reaction score
Try running your track with and without a vehicle and observe both scenarios for a few minutes and watch your pulse sensor itself.
Your pulse sensor should have a pulse light that activates as it senses the sprocket, bolt, etc. Sometimes the pulse sensor won't register a bolt which you would need a re align the sensor or bolt on the sprocket, obviously whichever one can be adjusted.

I had this exact same issue for a very long time where the first half of the wash would work and the rest would not.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Your pulse sensor should have a pulse light that activates as it senses the sprocket, bolt, etc.t
And sometimes the light comes on and it may not send a pulse. (Guess how I know) . You have to watch the controller screen to see that it gets pulses.

Sloburban

Reaction score
Is it possible to have a photo-eye malfunction while the computer is counting pulses and throwing the timing off?

Maybe soap accumulating on the eyes by the end of the faoming cycle then dripping off clean for the start of the next vehicle. Eyes clean for the first half then losing signal after loads of foam cover the eyes but if the first half of the wash's timing is fine and only the second half is off then maybe that's not it.

Do you have
The past few months we have been having issues with our Carwash timing in our tunnel. The first half of the tunnel is always set correct but our second half of our tunnel is constantly having a timing issue. I can program the timing correctly in the RTC programming and leave for the day by the time I come back the next morning its off again but the same numbers are still programmed from the day before. We have replaced the ACE-84 Hydrapulse switch. I have spoke to RTC/ICS/CWS and have had no luck finding a solution. If anyone has my ideas or have ever had this issue any advice it would be greatly appreciated!
What was causing your timing issues?

Sloburban

Reaction score
My pulse switch is on the wall in the equipment room.
I was curious how Taylor22 resolved his issue.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
With a remote pulse switch the pulse and the conveyor could be slightly out of sync. The error increases over distance. For example if it is off .25 inches for every foot it is barely noticeable for the first 20 feet, but at 100 feet it is off 2,5 feet. This can be a result of oil bypassing in the conveyor drive motor and the pulse motor at different rates which can change under load or as oil heats up.

Just saw I already posted this.