What's new

car wash tech support

sflikkema

Reaction score
I stopped my customer support contract because I felt it was to high. Just wondering what you all are doing? how much your paying a month? ext. I dont have a enty system. Just people.

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
I pay per car and it includes monthly PM on my equipment, all my chemical, and free service calls in regular business hours.

mac

Reaction score
Divine, couldyou supply some more details? Things like avg number of cars washed, type of wash, and, the best part, how much?

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
I'm washing close to 70000 car a year. average is around 6.50-7. I only have two locations so I pay a little more than others that have more sites do but I pay $.99 a car and that includes it all.

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
Concierge Tech Support

A growing trend in tech support is concierge groups that take a comprehensive approach towards performance maintenance combined with an always-on-call relationship with their clients. It started outside the carwash business but recently is demonstrating some development in this industry. ;)

They consist of a mix of service expertise that focus on essentials for daily business activity and in addition to their monthly fee, they share in profits resulting from the constant oversight and tweaking of the various systems that serve larger operators. :cool:

One of their strengths is an extensive knowledge of most all equipment manufactured and used in the industry along with immediate access to emergency parts and back-up systems. Anticipate hearing more about this emerging breed of all encompassing service providers. It seems to be a growing movement.

mac

Reaction score
Steve, I like this approach to maintenance. I think that it's limited to tunnells that are doing a fair ammount of business. I know that aircraft have had programs like this for some time. I can't see it happening to other segments of the market, or to hands on operators, but for some it's a good idea.

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
Actually the Maintenance company I use services a good amount of IBA's too. But you are right for the most part about those who are hands on operators. They still have a good value based on their knowledge of the greater market trends and ideas as well as an emergency stock of parts. saves me from having to stock a gear box or drier motor but if its needed I am guaranteed service within 4 hrs. Invaluable on a sunny Saturday!

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
As you know, the cost of maintenance service contracts is primarily a function of contractor labor rates, costs of parts, travel distance, shipping expenses, etc. and the ability of the parties to negotiate a good deal. If you have squeezed everything possible from this equation, you may want to consider your operations.

I'll get to the point. $6.50 to $7.00 is a fairly low average for an express exterior, in my opinion. Obviously, if you could reach a higher average, your bottom line would improve and contracted PM, etc. under the existing conditions and terms would be far more affordable.

Instead of rooting around looking for an alternative to the service providor with whom you may be very comfortable with, perhaps a better approach would be to consider getting help to boost sales volume and/or average revenue that would provide you with a more robust benefit.

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
Robert,

I wasn't complaining or saying that my maintenance program isn't affordable. The only reason I posted more information about it is that it was request by MAC.

$7 isn't a good average for a $3 ee wash? I don't know of any operators out there with a higher one. (not that they don't exist, I just don't know any) I know alot that have a much lower average.

Thank you for you help?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Premium Maintenance

We have many customers on contracts that cover all labor, parts and chemicals. Some are done on a per car basis and some on a flat rate monthly fee. It works out great for us as a service provider and our customers. Most are IBA's but we have a few tunnels too.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Most if not all of my clients with express exterior are $9 to $10 a car, a few are higher than $10.

Maybe you should explore the possibilties?