What's new

car wash tax preparers

celica

Reaction score
I just got the bill for this years tax preparation. To file the corporate return, do the balance sheet and do my personal return, it cost $ 1175. I have one location with has 8 bays ss. I separate and tally all the expenses and revenue into folders to make a lighter work load. The firm I am using is the forth or fifth largest in the country. I get a 10 minute meeting with a CPA to review the returns. I would like to know what others are paying to see if I'm high/low. Has anybody used H + R Block ? I've always thought of them more of a personal tax return company and not for business. They probably would be cheaper, but I have my reservations about their ability for business returns. I'm the only shareholder and am the only employee for the business, so it's not a complicated.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
I personally would use Quickbooks for your accounting. It easily integrates with Turbo Tax. It costs about 200 for the software and is good for a few years till they force you to uprade. Or you can go with a monthly subscription, they have different plans so you can add only what you need. I just update it anytime I make a purchase or a deposit, so it get's credited to the right account. It will generate balance sheets and profit and loss statements.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
First of all your a car wash. You do not need the 4-5th. largest CPA firm.
We use Quickbooks for our companies. It is connected to our CPA’s computers. So when we pay bills or make deposits and post them on our Quickbooks it goes directly to them.
They file all tax forms monthly and yearly.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have some rental properties along with my wash. I paid my CPA $3300 for all last year and this year I brought on a bookkeeper. THat's $300 / quarter for all.

The money they save me in taxes along with the time is well worth it. I've tried the QB and even old school notebook accounting originally.

soapy

Reaction score
I paid $2300 last year for 3 car washes. I use quick books and take everything in summarized as well a per month etc. A good CPA can save you thousands in taxes and using one makes you more credit worthy at your local banks.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Ok, yall are gonna frwak. I used to pay $75!!
Switched when we sold Tx wash & bought Okla washes. Now $600, which i thought was outrageous. Guess it's not. L0L

wyatt

Reaction score
CPAs try to do as many returns as they can so they may not do what is best for you.
My suggestion is read a few books on business taxation as well as personal depending on how you file.
Personally, I use to file taxes as a profession. But now that I own car washes I have someone else do my taxes so my signature isn’t on my own return as that can be a red flag to the IRS. Anyways, my accountant sends me the first draft and then I edit all the “mistakes” and then he will file it. His first draft of my 2019 taxes I had over 25k owing and after I fixed it, legally, I think I paid less than 100 dollars.

Bandit

Reaction score
We have 1 SS wash. my personal return. We feel ripped off, $1200. I am not using her again and will use a new acct. next year. Should be about $600. The whole tax prep business is a shyster operation, like the medical billing field. I am not going to let this happen again.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
We have 1 SS wash. my personal return. We feel ripped off, $1200. I am not using her again and will use a new acct. next year. Should be about $600. The whole tax prep business is a shyster operation, like the medical billing field. I am not going to let this happen again.
I feel pretty lucky after reading this. Just mailed the check for $400. Schedules C and E for one car wash and three rental properties plus my personal return. Having no employees to keep records for makes me feel lucky too.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine costs $750. S Corp. Carwash, detail and used cars. I do my own return for the apartment rental part of my business. That is easy; no employees. Fairly steady income / expense year over year.