What's new

Car wash signage suggestions?

buckeye3847

Reaction score
My self serve car wash is just off a major road serving 7k cars per day. We spoke with another business on the corner of that main road where you would turn down the street to go to my location and they offered to let me use the 15 ft sign pylon for my car wash that is not currently in use in exchange for a fob with tbd prepaid washes per month. I was going to order 2 x 4mm corrugated signs (about 18" Wide and 36" tall) and have them professionally designed and then sandwich and zip tie them to the pylon and mount them as high as possible. Having a sign shop build a permanent sign frame to mount on top might be later phase but right now this is the most within my budget. Thoughts on sign language options 1-5 below? Also I can order reflective or non-reflective versions. Does reflective help at 10-15ft high? Do I need to add self serve to the sign? Thanks in advance!

1)Car
Wash
(Directional Arrow on each side)

2)Car
Wash
Open
24 Hours

3) Car
Wash
Now
Open

4)Car
Wash
Next
Left

5)Self
Service
Car
Wash

sign location anon.png

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
If you do this, I wouldn't go crazy with the amount of washing you would trade for it. 7K traffic is nothing to jump up in the night and scream about, and you aren't even on that road. You can't fix a bad location, so don't go crazy trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You've got what you got. Try to make the best of it without spending a bunch of money.

buckeye3847

Reaction score
Thanks all. I'll turn it over to my designers and see what they come up with for option #2 like below.

Investing in a $20-$40/month prepaid fob sounds like a win using a low cost sign approach. If it doesnt bring in the business of at least an additional 20-40/month, I can pull down my sign by clipping the zip ties and deactivate the fob citing poor results.

1707665440542.png
1707665794039.jpeg

Keno

Reaction score
Thanks all. I'll turn it over to my designers and see what they come up with for option #2 like below.

Investing in a $20-$40/month prepaid fob sounds like a win using a low cost sign approach. If it doesnt bring in the business of at least an additional 20-40/month, I can pull down my sign by clipping the zip ties and deactivate the fob citing poor results.

View attachment 10377
View attachment 10379
Its going to be nearly impossible to measure a $20-40 increase per month, there are so many factors that will increase/decrease gross revenue way more than that on a monthly basis. If it is only costing you $20-40 worth of washes a month to have a sign on the main road and your property is set back from the main road, that is a no brainer to me to put a nice sign out there from the get go. $20-40 worth of retail washes should only cost you $5-15 total cost.