What's new

Car Wash Show Vegas Apr 23-25.... Worth while to go!???

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've got a scheduling conflict or I would be there. I enjoy it. If you are new to the biz, or in an area where SSs are lagging behind the times it's worth just walking around the show and seeing what you could do with your location.

The best experience is networking with other operators. Admittedly, I've lost a lot of the passion I once had for this business. It re-energizes me to be around the enthusiastic operators. For me, that alone is worth the price of admission.

Plus, any time you can take a deductible trip to Vegas, you should probably jump on it!

Having said that, regular visits to this forum will keep you pretty well informed with what's going on.

cmawash

Reaction score
venders need customers, car wash show need venders, cash wash owners need customers so we can provide a service, its a cycle ica needs to make it easy to get buyers in to the shows and have the shows in a enjoyable area.
Want to see attendance #'s and compar #'S to other shows, we buy equipment at the shows and a lot of equipment, the shows work for us and will be doing it from this year again. ICA NEEDS TO SUPPORT show attendies and free badges from venders do help.

Randy

Reaction score
I don’t think most people really understand the costs that are involved in putting on the car wash convention and the cost that manufactures and vendors have to pay to exhibit at the car wash convention. I know one manufacture who spends upwards of a Million dollars to exhibit at the car wash convention, by the time he pays for all the employee meals, housing for the employees, wages for the employees and all other expenses he’s into it for a Million. He’s got the sell a lot of equipment to make up that money. The average exhibitor with a 10 by 10 booth gets 2 badges, any extras they have to pay for. Everything in that 10 by 10 booth they have to pay extra for, carpet, power, internet, chairs, waste basket, everything is extra. I know one small exhibitor who can only afford to go the 1 show a year, it cost him right around $10K to come to the car wash convention and it’s just him and his wife. The price that the attendees pay is really not bad when compared to some of the other conventions I’ve been, some of them can be as high as $600 to get in the door. As far as getting any kind of smoke’n hot deals at the convention you might to rethink that thinking because it might not happen, use it's something they have to send back to the factory, you might get pretty good deal. If a vendor is paying big money to get there I doubt if he’ll be to inclined to give much of a discount. I always give the best deals after the convention.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
In addition to what Randy has said, many vendors will offer "Show Specials" after the Show. As cost of exhibiting at the Show continues to increase and the number of exhibitors may remain about the same, the size of the Show as far as space is concerned will shrink as it has in the last several years. This also means that the number of "free" passes will continue to decrease because passes are allotted based on booth size. What this all means is that the cost of attending for both exhibitors and attendees will continue to increase while the size and scope of the Show itself decreases. We can only hope that someone at the ICA will begin to realize that this trend must be reversed or the future of the Show may be in jeopardy.

Mach1

Reaction score
Update!!!! I decided not to go!

Cost $1500+, 5 days of my time, + most deciding factor was the fact the education sessions I wanted to attend are all stacked during same time slot. In one case 3 at once. And some with 4 speakers at 1 hr total not sure about that.

I went on youtube and found a few of the presentations from last year so that should hold me over. Plus it didn't appeal to me the fact half of the educational sessions are anecdotal. I read enough self help books I am coming for hardcore CAR WASH INFO. I want to hear from people that have worked or owned a car wash. I can buy books on amazon or watch youtube about social media, non verbal communication etc etc. The credit card seminars are borderline too.

Mach1

Reaction score
As for people saying it's a write off/ business deduction?? Please explain how this is even a significant savings!?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I think my room at the Westgate is $125.00 / Night. Only going for 2 Nights., I think that with the ICA membership of $300.00 you get to Show passes. So, that's $550.00.

Usually the Vendor I buy air freshener from offers 10% off, but only if you buy at the show. There is som other stuff I will look to buy.

Depending on your profit picture the cost is a write off against expenses. If you are in a 30% Bracket for your State and Fed, then the government absorbs 30% of the cost. So, if room, travel and admission cost $1000.00 the net cost to you is $700.00. (I think there might be some meal write off but I don't know what that is, and you can eat cheap in vegas.)

kentadel

Reaction score
Mach1
Good decision. Spend the time with your Dad and family. Get your feet wet and hit the show next year.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Yep - That's what I decided. Boarding the plane here in about an hour. Signed my contract yesterday. Lose a week of due diligence, but I miss my pops.

I'm excited about my new venture. I know the industry is facing some hardships, but I believe I can make my wash successful.

Hopefully by next years show I'll have a decent grasp about the business and the time spent there will be more productive.

Mach1
Good decision. Spend the time with your Dad and family. Get your feet wet and hit the show next year.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
You made the right call on this one. Best of luck on your venture and say hi to your dad from all of us.