What's new

Car Wash Show May 8-10 in Las Vegas

Randy

Reaction score
We decided to not attend the ICA convention this year since it is primarily geared to the tunnel industry now and there is very few self-serve vendors there. We decided to take those convention dollars and use them to take a couple of vacations instead.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I will be going this year to see for myself about future attendance. It's been 7 years since the last show and I was disappointed that self serve wasn't represented much.Those of us that recall when the early bird seminar for ss was standing room only.

Knight01

Reaction score
We decided to not attend the ICA convention this year since it is primarily geared to the tunnel industry now and there is very few self-serve vendors there. We decided to take those convention dollars and use them to take a couple of vacations instead.
That's a fair statement, but there are a lot of non-specific vendors there as well. There is no doubt it is now tunnel centric, but that just means the SS owners have to make more of an effort to find each other and network.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've heard from a couple vendors that it's 99% tunnel and IBA.

washnshine

Reaction score
Do you all find that the regional conventions are better for ss?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Regarding a dinner get together, Jackson or I have been the ones that have gotten it together over the last several years. I think Jackson has other plans, and I'm not going this year, so you guys are on your own. The last few times we have had it at Hash House a Go-Go in the Linq hotel. It is pretty centrally located on the strip and decent blue collar food. It's really no big deal, just get an approximate head count, schedule a time, and call them to make sure they can accommodate you. We have usually done it the evening of the second show day. Some places want to combine everything into one check and leave you to collect, but HH had no problem with separate checks. Have fun guys.

Knight01

Reaction score
Regarding a dinner get together, Jackson or I have been the ones that have gotten it together over the last several years. I think Jackson has other plans, and I'm not going this year, so you guys are on your own. The last few times we have had it at Hash House a Go-Go in the Linq hotel. It is pretty centrally located on the strip and decent blue collar food. It's really no big deal, just get an approximate head count, schedule a time, and call them to make sure they can accommodate you. We have usually done it the evening of the second show day. Some places want to combine everything into one check and leave you to collect, but HH had no problem with separate checks. Have fun guys.
I thought Hash House was a breakfast place the last time I was in Vegas? Did you find a time, morning or evening, that worked better for people when you put it together?

TMoliver

Reaction score
As for me. The Heartland and SWCA are the 2 best shows for the small to medium operators. There you have time to talk to the exhibitors and other operators. Back when the Western put on shows I preferred them over the ICA every time.

Just my 2 tokens worth!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Not making it this Year. My daughter is graduating college tomorrow and is moving to DC next week. I should definitely be at next years show.

Can someone please get us update on the offerings of cryptopay/nayax/monex? pretty please?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I thought Hash House was a breakfast place the last time I was in Vegas? Did you find a time, morning or evening, that worked better for people when you put it together?
They have a full menu, although you can get breakfast any time. You can pull up the menu on the googling machine. Probably 7:00 would be good. I remember that we scheduled 6:30 a few years ago and everyone was late.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Ive enjoyed the many times we have eaten dinner there. The servings are ridiculously huge.

soonermajic

Reaction score
As for me. The Heartland and SWCA are the 2 best shows for the small to medium operators. There you have time to talk to the exhibitors and other operators. Back when the Western put on shows I preferred them over the ICA every time.

Just my 2 tokens worth!
SWCA is great for small to Medium owners