What's new

Car Wash Scents

copperglobe

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can purchase car wash scents to add to my chemicals? Would like to try adding more of the same to my chemicals.

APW

Reaction score
Quest makes great chemicals as well as scents.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can get JBS concentrated fragrance additives from Windtrax.

RAAOO7

Reaction score
are those scents compatible with other brand chemicals? Does it matter if the chemical is high/low ph?

washnshine

Reaction score
are those scents compatible with other brand chemicals? Does it matter if the chemical is high/low ph?
Quest suggests dual injecting scents with your chemicals at the point of application. This will eliminate any conflict that can occur by mixing scents in the drums/pails.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never had an issue mixing the JBS with soaps. One wax I added it to wasn't bothered, but another separated severely when I tested it.

OurTown

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can purchase car wash scents to add to my chemicals? Would like to try adding more of the same to my chemicals.

What brand of chemicals are you using? I would start there as most companies sell scent also. For a while we were dual injecting (drawing) JBS scent with a few JBS chemicals. It was a very simple setup with a wye on the 1/4" ID tubing with one leg going into the chemical and the other going into a gallon jug of scent. Each leg had a push in tip stuffed into the tubing near the wye on the pail/jug draw side. The tip size on the chemical side was our normal tip size and the tip on the scent was a pink tip. The tip in the Hydrominder eductor was removed. JBS told us that if we hand mixed too much scent into a pail of chemical it may drop out so that is why the dual injecting setup. We got away from it because the scent was $50/gallon and it was just one more complication that we didn't need. We think that JBS does not put enough scent in some of their chemicals.

washnshine

Reaction score
It also depends on what you are looking to do and what type of wash. In the self serve, I like everything to be scented. In my tunnels, I make sure the last thing that hits the car has a nice strong scent - wax/sealer. Those products also tend to “stick” to the car (more than soaps) and you can notice the scent on the car for quite a while after the wash. The soap and polishes have scents but it is usually the last sealer that gives you the “signature scent.”

emwachtel

Reaction score
Do you really want to breathe this scents all day? Or your employees? They are totally not safe. Just do a quick google search about industrial scents.

washnshine

Reaction score
Yes - being around chemicals is part of the job, scented or unscented. The ones in the equipment room are generally sealed and in containers. Also, most equipment rooms I have seen are closed off and separated from employee and office areas and have some type of ventilation.
As far as in the tunnel or bay (where most employees will have contact), although you are “in” the bay or tunnel, it is still pretty much an outdoor atmosphere with plenty of fresh and natural air circulating throughout. I think ventilation is they key.

emwachtel

Reaction score
Pre Soaks and wheel cleaners are labeled corrosive, but with new technology you can clean without corrosive. Most guys have gotten away from the abf and hf options.

Do your self a favor. Google "dangers of industrial scents". Your going to want all unscented products

emwachtel

Reaction score
yes. I only scent on request. we stock about 12 different scents.

I have to sleep at night