What's new

Car wash repairs?

OASIS WASH

Reaction score
New to the forum and car wash biz. Where would I have the best success in trying to find a repair company in Jacksonville, Florida? I have done the usual google search and nothing returned. Thanks in advance, looking forward to learning from you all!

Troy

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
We have a frequent poster, "Mac" that runs a service company in Florida. If he is not close to your area he would probably know of someone that is.

mac

Reaction score
Appreciate the referral.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Try to find a good SS carwash repair company in Dfw (Metroplex). 4 million people, 500 SS washes, & can't find jack$hit. Wpuld be ripe for someone to make a million dollars per yr up here!

mac

Reaction score
Sooner, I used to have a service business in the DFW metroplex and know what you mean. I think I'm part of a dying breed. I'm now in southwest FL and was paid to go to Miami to work on a self serve place because they could not find anyone in a city of millions that knew how to fix things. While you can do well, making millions would be a slight stretch.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Try to find a good SS carwash repair company in Dfw (Metroplex). 4 million people, 500 SS washes, & can't find jack$hit. Wpuld be ripe for someone to make a million dollars per yr up here!
Are you going to making a million off the same SS operators that balk at a $75/hr labor rate and billing for travel time? Those same operators want you to sell them parts and supplies for what Kleen-Rite charges. I'm not saying you can't make a living, but a person would be better off to start their own HVAC company.

Having said that, I know a multi site operator that pays his head repair guy six figures.

Randy

Reaction score
You should hear these guy’s scream bloody murder when they send in a validator or Hopper for repair and they find out what it’s going to cost to repair them. Parts for validators and Hoppers are expensive, they don’t seem to get that.

MEP001

Reaction score
I work with two types of people, the ones who want to run a good car wash and the ones who just want to pick up quarters once a week. The first category aren't afraid to pay a fair price for good service. The others are only concerned with cost and will sometimes get angry if they have to pay more than Kleen-Rite's price for something.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Unfortunately the car wash repair business has become the replace business. Owners of multiple locations used to have repair agreements with a local company but now most have one in house. Mac is right. A good car wash repairman is very hard to find and sometimes when you do you can't afford the repair and decide it makes more sense to replace even it it costs a little more.