What's new

Car Wash insurance…. Update

sjb

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m putting out a shameless plug for my insurance agent John Hall at 770.337.0836. I believe that he is licensed in all the States.

He is a broker and and was able to provide continual coverage through Columbia Insurance Group….

I feel it is a necessary boondoggle, best of luck with all your decisions!

sjb

864real

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. What is everyone carrying for insurance coverage these days, and approximately what is the cost?

Obviously replacement cost will vary based on units, but how much liability is everyone doing?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I am tempted to get an independent certified appraiser "familiar with local market values" to appraise ... since some brand new insurance quotes are basing ... around 1 million $$$ to 1.2 million $$$ for both building & content. I am pretty sure the coverage cost would come in much lower! The insurance agents tend to state "cost to 100% rebuild" as their basis & not what the market value is.

Anybody get clarification from insurance companies on the ability for the policy to written is such a way to have the equipment that is attached on the building not classified as building content? There is a significant difference in rate if there is less classified as content & more on the building!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I believe that he is licensed in all the States.

He is a broker and and was able to provide continual coverage through Columbia Insurance Group….

sjb
Here it is showing possibly only 14 states ... elsewhere it mentions something about 30 states not sure about the specifics.