What's new

Car Wash insurance Renewal Holy SH!!!!!

Randy

Reaction score
I got a letter from my insurance agent. Stating that Nationwide was not going to be insuring car washes anymore. They found me another insurance carrier and those rates have gone up almost 3 times from what I was paying last year. Apparently, a lot of the insurance carriers that have insured car washes have pulled out because of the high amount claims from theft and vandalism. What insurance carriers are a lot of you operators using?

soapy

Reaction score
Auto Owners for me. They came in less than Nationwide was. I got the Nationwide cancelation last year after never having a claim in 10 years.

eckert16

Reaction score
curious timing ... I wonder if the increasing insurance carrier 'claims' nationwide have some type of relationship with the increasing number of new tunnel washes built and operated? Are the increasing quantity of tunnels resulting in a corresponding increase in quantity of insurance claims being filed by customers? If there is a relationship, what is the current and prior ratio?
Just curious.

David Rolf

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, Randy. I received a notice about two months ago and still waiting on WCA to send me a new quote. Not one claim in years. I'm almost afraid to open the email once I receive it for the new policy. It may be time for another price bump.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Was Midlothian, which SWCA was partnered with, but not anymore. They were bought out by Liberty,& are POS Crooks now!
They screwed me, lied to me, every chance, on our F4 tornado claim!

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
Erie, but their premiums seem to go up significantly each renewal without any claims.