What's new

Car Wash Cleaning

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Applying the wall cleaner with a foam cannon versus a pump up sprayer is my next experiment, because the foam apparently clings to the surface longer and adding a "slight amount" of colored foam brush to the mix for visual conformation.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Applying the wall cleaner with a foam cannon versus a pump up sprayer is my next experiment, because the foam apparently clings to the surface longer and adding a "slight amount" of colored foam brush to the mix for visual conformation.
I tried bleach washing my house with a foam cannon and ran a couple of tests to figure out what percentage of bleach I could get out of it. I think it was putting about 6 ounces of bleach in a gallon of water, so roughly 20:1. But this was a 120 volt low volume pressure washer. Haven't tested with a higher volume unit.

Kleen rite carries the Xjet pressure washer attachment which will get to almost 1:1 according to some videos I've watched. It's around $150

Scott220

Reaction score
I’m currently getting a quote from a commercial cleaning company. He and I did a test with my HF vs. his chlorofluoric acid. HF seemed more effective however each required some agitation with a brush. Do you know which chemical your company is using? He’s quoting $125 per bay just for side bay walls and $750 per automatic for walls, doors, signs and equipment. With 3 automatics and 8 handbays among 2 locations I don’t think I could budget any more than twice a year for this service.
I’m 62 now and it’s getting tough for me to continue doing myself and i don’t think it’s wise to hire a kid to do it with the liability of these chemicals.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Scott, Arcadian Nu wall and Quest Aluminate are the HF based ones I'm familiar with. Call around to local wholesale detail supply or truck wash places and inquire about aluminum brightener. It's about $15/gallon in 5's locally, and much cheaper by the drum but it takes forever to use it.

The newer pressure washing companies that are popping up everywhere are not ashamed to charge $200/hr labor or more. I see frequent posts in their FB groups boasting about doing $750 roof jobs in less than an hour. I'd get a couple more bids.

Scott220

Reaction score
Thanks Greg, currently using Simoniz Magna Brite that I’m pleased with. I believe also an aluminum brightener. Just curious what most of the pressure wash guys are using on car washes because i didn’t think the chlorofluoric was as effective. Alway appreciate everyone’s input on this forum!