What's new

Car Wash Camera Bay Placement

washregal

Reaction score
Hello -

Just looking for advice on best place to install a car wash camera in my SS bays - is there a good place to get a layout of this for a 6 bay ss? 2 bays on each side of equipment room?

My biggest question is do we install above the Meter box or directly on the other side of the meter facing the meter - What has been the consensus on ss video camera placements in bays.

Knight01

Reaction score
I have two cameras per bay. One on the center of the entrance facing into the bay so I can get a rear license plate as the vehicle leaves. I have the second on the exit on the opposite corner of the coin box pointing toward the coin box which shows pretty much the entire bay and the coin box. Then I have perimeter cameras on each corner of the building as well as dedicated cameras for the vending / change area.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Mine are diagonally across from the Meter box up high in the corner to get a wide view and be as far away from spray as possible. Also above changers looking down to see what goes in and out. Then several across the lot on entrance and exit sides.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have mine in mounted at the back of the bay looking forward. 95% of the cars pull in this way so I usually get a good tag. I can see the pit and enough detail of what's going on to make me happy. I don't get enough detail to see what bill is inserted in the bay, etc, but that hasn't been a problem so far. This is a high humidity day and it looks like my lenses could use cleaning but this is representative of the view I get. IMG_0121.png

Last edited:

kentadel

Reaction score
I have mine in mounted at the back of the bay looking forward. 95% of the cars pull in this so I get a good tag. I can see the pit and enough detail of what's going on to make me happy. I don't get enough detail to see what bill is inserted in the bay, etc, but that hasn't been a problem so far. View attachment 9553
Greg, hijacking the thread a bit but wanted to comment on your landscaping in the pic. Looks great! Any more pics you can share? It's the next phase at a wash for us.