What's new

Car Wash Attendant's Hourly Wage (Great Tweet!)

Carl

Reaction score
At my SSCW I have always paid ABOVE our state's minimum wage and I've hired many happy employees who've come and gone, many feeling more confident about themselves after doing well w/ this, their "first job" often times. So now w/ the likes of AOC and these people who want us to pay a "living wage" for the position of car wash attendant, I'm all for a decent hourly wage commensurate w/ the work that's required, but when they start getting up toward $12, $13, $14, $15/hr...if their work ethic reflected that soon-to-be-forced base pay; I could maybe stomach it BUT THEY DON'T!

We all know that the "smartphone distraction" has robbed today's employees of "focus & productivity". Anyhow...I don't need to vent/rant too long here...I know you all can relate but yeah, I'm pretty unhappy that the government now wants to decide what we HAVE TO set as a 'base pay" (that IMO is super-inflated) for the car wash attendant position because government hasn't a clue!

Hence...I wanted to share w/ you the great tweet I saw last night that got many who read it to VENT, LOL!

Randy

Reaction score
I was driving by a Carl's Juniors the other day and they had a banner outside wanting employees. Starting wage was $15.50 an hour. We pay our maintenance staff $19.50 an hour part time and they do it all.

traveler17

Reaction score
I saw this Tweet the other day and just had to share it:

Fifty Shades of Sarcasm @ daniellecashat ~ Far too many people demanding $20/hour wages have a $5/hr work ethic
That quote couldn’t be any more accurate. 👌

MEP001

Reaction score
The last teenager I dealt with as an attendant would come in, dump the trash, then spend the rest of the three hours he was paid for in the equipment room on his phone texting or playing games. On his fourth and last day, he showed up, clocked in, left, then came back three hours later to clock out. He was getting $25 an hour more as a favor than a necessary worker.

traveler17

Reaction score
The last teenager I dealt with as an attendant would come in, dump the trash, then spend the rest of the three hours he was paid for in the equipment room on his phone texting or playing games. On his fourth and last day, he showed up, clocked in, left, then came back three hours later to clock out. He was getting $25 an hour more as a favor than a necessary worker.
I would’ve busted my tale for $25 hr when I was a kid. Before I move to NC my brother and I owned a full service wash w a 35 ft tunnel. Now hiring sign was out , sat a kid down in the office and no lie the very first thing out of his mouth was when do I get a raise 😂. Told him have a nice day. Pretty comical.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
The guy that was delivering us salt, told us that if we ever needed any part time help, that he would be interested. We told him we didn't need anyone at the moment, but would keep him in mind. As he was leaving, he felt the need to share this, "I done done all my jail time and got my license back, so I'm good to go..."

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
I am purchasing an existing Car Wash. The seller doesn't have employees he has independent contractors. He has 2 of them and the original guy has been there since a previous owner and the the other is high school girl whose brother worked there during high school until he graduated and went to college.
The seller says they both have excellent work ethic and she is better than the male! LOL I feel really lucky because I have tried to hire people to clean apartments I own but can't find anyone that has a good work ethic, knows how to clean and what clean means!
Not sure what the future will bring but I plan on being a working owner.