What's new

Can't find new Mars bill acceptors

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
So I've had two of my Mars bill acceptors die on me recently. Both are inside meter boxes, so they take a beating.

I used to buy refurbed acceptors on eBay for like $225. Now I can't find one anywhere new or used.

I need an AE 2612.

What's the deal?

Are the being phased out?

MEP001

Reaction score
They have been phased out. There's one that's a direct replacement, I don't know the part number.

Randy

Reaction score
The new AE2612 validators are pretty much gone, there are a few around, as soon as a AE series validator comes in here it's gone, I've got 10 on order, only God knows when they'll show up. The AE series validators have been replaced by the Talos validators, I'm not to keen on the Talos validators yet, they've got a ways to go. The Talos validator that replaced the AE2612 is the CPI T612-U3E. We still repair the Mars AE series validators, like everything else repair parts have gone though the roof.

OurTown

Reaction score
The new AE2612 validators are pretty much gone, there are a few around, as soon as a AE series validator comes in here it's gone, I've got 10 on order, only God knows when they'll show up. The AE series validators have been replaced by the Talos validators, I'm not to keen on the Talos validators yet, they've got a ways to go. The Talos validator that replaced the AE2612 is the CPI T612-U3E. We still repair the Mars AE series validators, like everything else repair parts have gone though the roof.

So they are still making the AE series? What have you seen with the Talos validators that you don't like?

Randy

Reaction score
So they are still making the AE series? What have you seen with the Talos validators that you don't like?
CPI is still making a few of the AE series validators and I mean a few. We’ve seen a lot of new unit failures out of the box. There are no switches on the side of the validator to set up the configuration of the validator, you have to use programming coupons to configure the validator. The Red status light that was on the back of the validator is gone, now you have to look at the front green LED light to check the status of the validator, so when your using a Talos validator in a rear load changer and you open the door you can’t tell if the validator is ready to accept bills or not without having to go out front and check the green LED lights.
If anyone is interested I have a few new AE2631D5 validators left. That is the model that is used in most conversions.

Last edited:

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Wow. So the AE series has been phased out. The replacement version that Randy mentioned doesn't look very hearty. It looks like it will break easily.

Randy, do you know if the replacement version you mentioned would be a direct plug-and-play replacement for my AE2612? I hope the bezel size is the same for my meter box cut-out hole.

traveler17

Reaction score
“ The Talos validator that replaced the AE2612 is the CPI T612-U3E “ Thank You for this!!

MEP001

Reaction score
I have a used AE2612 U3M I don't know if it's the same model you need.
It will interchange, you might have to reuse and flip the bezel (The U3M means upstacker/300 bill box/shipped with MDB harness) and you'll have to take the bills 4 ways to accept them face up.

rgcarwash

Reaction score
Where can I purchase parts for Mars validators? I am looking for the boards in the lower part of the unit where it reads the bills. Thank you

Randy

Reaction score
Where can I purchase parts for Mars validators? I am looking for the boards in the lower part of the unit where it reads the bills. Thank you
What model Mars validator do you need the lower LED transport board for? They are different fro oe model tot he other and they aren't interchangeable. I've got 2 - AE2602U7 validators left, they can be used in any 24 volt or MDB application and 6 - AE2631D5 validators left, they are used in the Hamilton changer or ACW - 4/5 conversions.

Etowah