What's new

Can't believe this stupidity... Yes you can!

Timmb

Reaction score
So my automatic faulted out. My auto cashier shouldn't have taken money... But it did. Either way who is stupid enough to drive into a piece of equipment and keep pushing it. The enter light didn't come on. It was a woman. She hasn't called to get her money back. Watch the whole video all the way till the end. The arms are supposed to break away she stopped soon enough and didn't do any damage to the equipment.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
I've seen even dumber, still wish I'd called police because the kid must have been drunk. He straddled the treadle plate and when I looked the arm was over his hood with the end on his windshield. He asked me why it didn't start. He would have tried to back out if I hadn't been there which would have dragged the machine to the rear of the bay with the arm hooked at the back of his hood. No telling what kind of damage would have been done.

traveler17

Reaction score
So my automatic faulted out. My auto cashier shouldn't have taken money... But it did. Either way who is stupid enough to drive into a piece of equipment and keep pushing it. The enter light didn't come on. It was a woman. She hasn't called to get her money back. Watch the whole video all the way till the end. The arms are supposed to break away she stopped soon enough and didn't do any damage to the equipment.
There really are some idiots out there. I had one of my machines down waiting for a part. I had 2 big a** cones in front of the paystation. Lady put money in , drive over the cones and into the bay. I had taken a valve off that was hooked to a high pressure line. Water went everywhere but her car. I’m so thankful I shut the door to the electrical side of the machine. She knew she messed up when she saw the look on my face. I didn’t know where to start 🤬

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had people move the cones to use an auto bay, I've had people walk up to the coned-off paystation and pay for a wash then stand there waiting for the machine to come out and wash their car (Happened twice, both times elderly people), I know of at least four machines that were destroyed by something like a bucket truck obviously way too big to fit through the machine but they tried anyway (Most of the damage was usually done by them trying to get out of the bay after the machine stopped), I had to tell one guy at a customer's wash that his flatbed dually wouldn't fit even with signs everywhere not to wash duallys. One day a woman parks in the auto bay and starts to leave. Turns out there was hail coming that night and she wanted to protect her car, but it was 2 PM and the wash was still busy. She was completely aghast that I wouldn't let her leave it there to cost us eight hours of business over her 15 year old Corolla.

soonermajic

Reaction score
New Razor installed for 90 days. Guy from Arkansas brings his truck, with 16' flatbed trailer attached. Thank the Lord I was there.
Idiot tells me "well, the sign doesn't say you can't bring flatbeds through it"!
I say "it doesn't say you can't bring tanks or airplanes either, but nobody is gonna try that".
I told em he needed to leave & don't come back.

washnvac

Reaction score
Just fyi- When I have a machine coned off for a repair, I also hit my "emergency stop" button. This sends the cashier to "out of service" and will keep it from taking a payment. This is because I too have had idiots move the cones and try to go right in. I usually close the doors, as well, and power them off.

Last edited:

traveler17

Reaction score
Just fyi- When I have a machine coned off for a repair, I also hit my "emergency stop" button. This sends the cashier to "out of service" and will keep it from taking a payment. This is becasue I too have had idiots move the cones and try to go right in. I usually close the doors, as well, and power them off.
Good idea!! Live and learn. That will be a given next time. 👍🏼

MEP001

Reaction score
I usually close the doors, as well, and power them off.
When I worked for a distributor we refurbished pump stands in a SS with a closed auto bay. We were asked to remove the cashier, which was a Hamilton from the 70's, it was an empty cabinet with no faceplate or buttons in front of an empty bay with closed doors. I found some $300 in bills and quarters people had shoved in the gaping hole where the validator was supposed to be.

Keno

Reaction score
Cones, signs, closed doors don't work. Autocashier and machine should be disabled if they are not to be used