What's new

Canopy needed!

newy

Reaction score
Anybody have any companies they would suggest within a budget. I don't have $10,00 grand to spend so please keep this in mind.
Thanks you.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Anybody have any companies they would suggest within a budget. I don't have $10,00 grand to spend so please keep this in mind.
Thanks you.
Due to shipping costs etc. You may want to check with any local outfits that do awnings. Not sure what you are looking for, just something for an entry way about 15 feet wide by 30 feet long or so, or something bigger like a gas station dispenser island canopy.

If it gets really large you may have building code issues.

Deepshift

Reaction score
Just got back from the SWCA convention. There was a company there that sells shades that you can use in several applications. Not sure what you're needing it for. They are in Dallas and other areas of the US. www.sunports.com

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
I hate throwing this idea out there, but I had this conversation yesterday with someone who suggested contacting local car dealers who have gone out of business. A lot of local dealers here have shut their doors and have really nice canopies on there lots. Not sure what would be involved in moving one, just an idea.

Etowah

newy

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for all the info I will check into all of them!

buda

Reaction score
Canopies

You can do two things:

a. Contact a company in the area that builds structures for nuseries. They build outdoor metal pole structures and you can have them design you a structure that will with stand wind-loads, etc.

b. Then contact an awning company in the area and have them make a sun blocking type awning that allows light through but blocks the sun.

This is the most inexpensive way I have found to beat the high costs of outdoor canopies that look decent.

Regards

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Depending on what you are doing with the canopy. I saw these used in Australia, and in spite of the fact that my installation is mickey mouse they work well, I paid $185 each for them. I needed them because I can't get the van in the garage.