What's new

Can these walls be cleaned?

APW

Reaction score
Is there a way to clean these tile walls or are they too far gone. I've got a painter that says he can paint them but I'm worried they'll scratch very easy.

Attachments

APW

Reaction score
Wall panels are nice but they are so hard to keep clean. I don't know if it's because I have country washes or what but I have an ongoing battle keeping them clean in my automatics. I couldn't imagine having them at a self-serve where people were getting grease, oil, paint, you name it on them. I would be constantly cleaning them I'm afraid.

MEP001

Reaction score
Klean Wall will get them clean, but it etches that tile block, removes the shine, and makes it pick up marks and dirt even worse than before. If it's not already dull, try Nu-Wall. I've never used it myself, but it supposedly won't ruin the finish.

OurTown

Reaction score
If they don't come clean or you don't like how they turn out you could replace them. It would be a big project but then you could save some of the nicer ones to replace the missing or broken ones on the outside.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thats nothing. My first wash has similar tiled walls and they were 10xs dirtier than that and came clean....muratic acid from HD should work as well

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Wall panels are nice but they are so hard to keep clean. I don't know if it's because I have country washes or what but I have an ongoing battle keeping them clean in my automatics. I couldn't imagine having them at a self-serve where people were getting grease, oil, paint, you name it on them. I would be constantly cleaning them I'm afraid.

I have a wash with extrutech and another wash with porcelain tile. The extrutech is WAY easier to care for.

If your autos are friction units, they are much harder to keep clean because dirt gets slung on them by the brushes. They definitely get dirtier than SS bays or touch free autos.